HR Manager – Part Time
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you’ll be working with
You will be an integral member of our HR function working alongside other HR Managers influencing the development of our Reward strategy and translating it into our people agenda that improves business performance.
The focus of your role
As a HR Manager you will work across a range of activities within a challenging and fast paced environment. You will act as a sounding board for people, coaching and offering advice.
What you’ll do
• Contribution and alignment to Apps HR BP activities and objectives and able to articulate value in terms of specific measures.
• Provision of well-constructed advice and guidance on HR solutions, always promoting best practice & innovative thinking.
• Daily use of HR data to understand alignment of people and business priorities and identify where change/improvement can bring business and HR benefit.
• Contribution to business area’s people agenda through projects and initiatives.
• Management Information reporting to identify trends and solution to business challenges.
• Strategic approach to triage of:
- Sickness Absence Management HR cases
- Performance Management & Probation HR cases
- Disciplinary, Grievance or other Dispute issues
• Management of small HR projects and initiatives including people management education & training
• Roll-out of Performance Review, Promotion and Pay Planning Provision of HR related training to business leaders
• Input to and implementation of new and refreshed Employment policies and procedures
What you’ll bring
You will flexible, dynamic and have the energy, commitment and resilience to achieve your targets in challenging and evolving environments. Highly credible and able to influence outcomes with a proven track record of delivering excellence.
Additionally, you demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
• CIPD qualified or working towards
• Proven successful experience in an HR generalist role showing the ability to prioritise and proactively manage multiple HR cases, and projects working to tight deadlines accurately and under pressure
• Keen to challenge the “accepted practice” where appropriate and have the drive for seeking out and delivering value add work.
• Strong case management experience (performance improvement, probation, disciplinary, grievance, sickness management, TUPE).
• Previous experience of managing Settlement Agreements.
• Ability to balance policy and process with a pragmatic and commercial approach to case handling which meets the requirements of the business and mitigates risk to the organisation.
• Good understanding of employment law.
• Provide stakeholder management with Business Leaders/Managers, HR Business Partners and other interfacing roles within the organisation.
• Articulate and diplomatic communicator who can manage and influence a wide network of stakeholders and is sensitive to the need of this broad range of groups.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that a traditional working week isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.