Who you’ll be working with
You'll be joining the HR team within Capgemini UK's Financial Services Strategic Business Unit (FS SBU). Taking ownership of the management and business partnering of several of the FS SBU's domain and technology practices, you'll be a key member of the team supporting one of Capgemini's biggest growth areas.
What you’ll do
You'll be taking responsibility for operational projects, employee case management, and strategic initiatives. You'll support employees and business areas alike through all HR activities.
More specifically, amongst other things, your role could include:
- Assisting with refinement and development of internal processes, liaising with our global support Centres of Excellence in areas such as mobility, talent management, learning & development, payroll, compensation & benefits
- Supporting the annual roll-out of performance management, promotion, and pay planning processes.
- Managing employee engagement initiatives/activities for a diverse & widely spread employee base
- Driving restructuring exercises with respect to the practices/business units that you manage
- Reviewing HR policies on an annual basis to ensure legal compliance and relevant commercial practicality
What you’ll bring
- Strong UK HR generalist experience
- CIPD qualification
- Technology and/or consulting services sector experience advantageous
- Commercial focus
- Strong attention to detail
- Good Microsoft Office skills
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Please let us know if you consider yourself to have a disability that requires an adjustment to help facilitate your application, interview or the joining process.