Any Capgemini UK Base Location (UK mobility required)
Successful candidates must be willing to undergo SC level Security Clearance.
An overview of the role
Digital Customer Experience is one of the fastest growing application practices within the Capgemini UK business and focuses on helping our clients achieve business value though digital transformation and the application of user-centred design, UI development, mobile, CMS and cloud technologies. We are an Agile, cloud-first organisation delivering digital solutions that scale using on and offshore capabilities.
The focus of your role
We are looking for a Director-level leader whose principal responsibility will be to lead the DCX DevOps capability. This 30+ person capability provides expertise in continuous agile delivery models, cloud platforms, leading edge application development practices and CICD tooling and techniques. We are motivated by increasing the pace of the delivery of user and business value and we expect our Head of DevOps to share this passion.
As well as leading the capability you will assist in the conversion of our most significant digital solutions opportunities into wins and then support the delivery of the deal. Reporting to the Practice Leadership within the Digital Customer Experience practice, you will work closely with our Market Unit and Account management teams to qualify, shape and secure new business.
You’re a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, exciting and entrepreneurial environment. You’re an inventive problem-solver with an eye for detail. You’ll consistently go the extra mile to apply and achieve a high standard across everything you do. We believe we have the demand to grow the practice significantly within the next 12 months. You’ll help drive the growth and development of our DevOps capability providing mentoring, coaching and direction to more junior team members while raising the bar through key hires. You will build a network across Capgemini evangelizing on behalf of DCX while forging new relationships and delivery models.
Why this role?
- Build, shape and lead the DCX DevOps team and help shape and secure significant new business
- Work with DCX India to build capability there too
- Inspire and develop talent within the team to create fulfilling careers for our DevOps engineers
- Work with our key accounts to apply industry best practice and insights to add significant value
- Lead the engagement with internal and external partners in deals
- Represent Capgemini at senior levels within our clients’ organisations, building personal and corporate credibility and confidence
- Represent Capgemini externally with an active industry profile
- Actively support to continuing evolution and application of our delivery strategies, notably continuous delivery models, Agile and RightshoreTM delivery
• Relevant management/supervisory experience, managing teams of DevOps/software engineering professionals of 20+
• Expertise in SaaS technology such as Docker, Kubernetes, microservices
• Deep experience with deploying to and running real-time complex cloud platforms, with particular experience in Amazon AWS
• Experience establishing and running Site Reliability Engineering teams
• Experience in an agile environment, and running agile through a modern platform, utilising platform such as Jira, Confluence, Gitlab etc.
• Gravitas to interact as a peer at Exec Management level in client companies and comfortable working at senior level within complex organisations
• Direct experience of distributed delivery, ideally with India
• First class and compelling presentation and communication skills
• A leader in the practical application of Agile and distributed delivery
• Strong and motivational team leader, capable of enthusing and directing teams to undertake complex activities against challenging commitment
• Growth driven mentality and dynamism with the hunger to succeed
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Work Life Harmony
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm