Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini Invent is the global strategy and transformation consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on results. With the new digital economy creating major disruptions and opportunities, our global team of over 3,600 talented individuals work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change.
The focus of your role
There is no Digital Enterprise without Digital IT. Innovation is driven by business and empowered by technology. Winning enterprises are faster and more able to scale leading edge technologies and turn them to business advantage, based on flexible industrialised business platforms.
The Business Technology and Innovation Practice is at the heart of the Capgemini Group’s strategic agenda to become our clients’ digital transformation partner of choice. The role of the Practice is as thought leader and pathfinder helping our clients adopt leading edge technology solutions, implementing new scalable pay-as-you-go business and technology platforms, whilst industrialising technology delivery to reduce cost, complexity and risk – whilst remaining secure.
The Practice works with mainstream Capgemini Group solution teams to deliver end-to-end transformation for their clients, working with Cybersecurity, DevOps, Cloud and Agile Delivery teams. The role of the Practice is to provide overarching solution leadership, ensuring our clients can embrace Capgemini’s technology solutions and build a leading enterprise.
The Practice comprises 700 Management Consultants worldwide in UK, NA, France, Germany and Scandinavia, of which 80 specialists are in the UK.
The Practice has four key focus areas:
- Technology Led Innovation, working alongside our other Business Innovation teams, to exploit leading edge technologies such as IoT, Blockchain, AI, and Cognitive. The role of the consultants is to build the business propositions and business cases associated with adoption, proof of concept and partner selection, rearchitecting, then scaling solutions for widespread use.
- Enterprise Agility, helping our clients implement a new enterprise way of building and delivery technology through Agile at Scale and DevOps practices. The key word here is our core belief this is enterprise wide, not small pockets of advanced practitioners nor “new funky digital teams operating outside IT”.
- Industrialisation of IT, helping our clients implement new business platforms based on the public cloud, recalibrating their project portfolios to exploit the new platforms, then rationalising and automating the legacy applications and infrastructure estate to reduce technology debt.
- Cybersecurity, focusing on strategy and use case led protection of current and future systems. The practice is holistic and equally focused on people, workforce protection against threat and attacks, helping Capgemini deliver advanced security operations, and implementing new policies and operating models.
What you’ll do
As the Practice Head of the UK Business and Technology Innovation practice you will perform three key roles:
- Support the ambitions and strategies of our key markets by building the capabilities, consultants and services needed to serve our client base
- Support the ambitions and strategies of Capgemini and its core service lines by providing the strategic and transformational leadership to major client programmes as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Develop and grow the BTI Practice both globally and in the UK by deepening our thought leadership and services in end-to-end Digital Transformation
To perform these roles you will need to combine client facing consulting sales and delivery, practice management, and profile building across Capgemini.
What you’ll bring
You’ll bring experience in winning, delivering and leading technology-focused managementconsultancy projects across our key sectors: Financial Services, Government, Utilities, Consumer Products and Retail. You will have a passion for transforming business through enabling technology and transforming the way clients operate. You will be confident at working in a technology driven environment with a background in digital, business technology or IT.
In addition, you’ll have the following experience and personal attributes:
Experience in at least 2 of the following technology related topics is essential:
- Digital Transformation: Scaled Agile, Digital Strategy, Portfolio Management, Digital Tools and Techniques, Cloud Computing, Analytics Capability Assessment and Deployment, DevOps
- Business& Technology Transformation: Transformational Programme Delivery, Programme Management Office Deployment, IT Estate Transformation, IT Industrialisation
- Cyber Security: Cyber Policy Definition, Identity and Access Management (IAM), IT Security Strategies and Processes, Governance, Risk and Compliance, GDPR and Cloud Security
- IT Strategy: Business and IT Alignment, Business Portfolio Strategy, Organisation and Operating Model Design (ITOM), Digital Impact on ITOM
- Technology Leadership: Office of the CTO, Technology Impact Analysis, New Technology Awareness, Technology Innovation, Technology Selection
- Enterprise Architecture: Architecture Maturity Analysis, Architecture Development, Architecture Methods and Tools, Cloud Architecture, Digital Architecture.
You will also require management consulting experience in:
- Large scale enterprise transformation: business strategy, business change, transformation programme leadership, business change management
- Practice management and leadership: growth and development of a consulting practice in an equivalent management consultancy.
To be successful you’ll demonstrate strong consulting skills and the ability to overcome internal barriers through the use of drive, determination and influencing skills. You’ll have a natural ability to work in mixed teams of colleagues and senior executives and possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with high levels of enthusiasm.
You’ll enjoy managing a team, providing direction and helping others to develop. You’ll demonstrate consulting professionalism and flexibility – you’ll be able to adjust positively to situations that involve changing tasks and/or location, shifting priorities or ambiguity. In fact, you’ll thrive in this environment. You’ll combine the commitment to own and deliver outstanding work with the gravitas to engage effectively with C-level / CXOs on a peer to peer basis.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary, and in addition for Senior Consultant and above, you will receive variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.