Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini Consulting is the global strategy and transformation consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting enterprises in significant transformation, from innovative strategy to execution and with an unstinting focus on results. With the new digital economy creating significant disruptions and opportunities, our global team of over 3,600 talented individuals work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change.
The Automotive industry as we know it today will change due to disruptions from start-ups, innovations from other industries and changing customer demands. Customers want to be connected via seamless digital channels with the manufacturer, service providers and their own vehicle. Therefore Automotive incumbents should transform their product oriented strategy to a customer and service oriented strategy. There is abundant evidence that the Automotive landscape is changing as we speak. It requires companies throughout the whole value chain to become fit for the digital future, so from suppliers to dealerships there is a call for action to embark on the journey of connected – customers, insights, manufacturing and operations.
Capgemini Consulting is hiring a UK Lead for Automotive. This role will be fundamental in driving forward the digital agenda for our Automotive clients and their customers. We are seeking to hire a proven leader to set a visionary direction, maximise the market opportunity, drive the development of the team and deliver for our clients.
What you’ll do
- You’ll help drive our strategy, shape our offers, develop our capability within the Automotive sector and lead sales and delivery work with new and existing clients.
- Business development – utilising a combination of the organisation’s broader pre-existing relationships and your own network to generate Consulting revenue of circa £3m.
- As well as defining the target shape and composition of the Automotive Sector team and recruiting consultants, you’ll be mentoring other members of the team in order to ensure their effective development.
- Engaging with existing and potential clients – developing relationships with senior members of the Automotive Sector
- Drive consulting and technology offerings to new and existing clients, ensuring offerings are relevant and timely.
- Be an authority and thought leader.
- Ensuring effective delivery and timely completion of projects in alignment with commercial goals.
Externally in the market, you’ll bring the presence and gravitas to initiate, manage and maintain board / senior management relationships. To understand and scope out their challenges and potential solutions and to both sell & deliver top-tier consulting and technology enabled business transformation work.
What you’ll bring
You’ll bring deep Automotive sector expertise. We are looking for someone who is passionate in supporting our clients to design, deliver and optimise Customer Experience.
To be successful you’ll bring strong consulting skills and the ability to overcome internal barriers through the use of drive, determination and influencing skills. You’ll have a natural ability to work in mixed teams of colleagues and senior executives and possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
You’ll enjoy building and managing a team, providing direction and helping others to develop. You’ll demonstrate consulting professionalism and flexibility – you’ll be able to adjust positively to situations that involve changing tasks and/or location, shifting priorities or ambiguity. In fact, you’ll thrive in this environment. You’ll combine the commitment to own and deliver outstanding work with the gravitas to engage effectively with C-level / CXOs on a peer to peer basis.
WHY JOIN US? What makes Capgemini Consulting unique?
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Consulting. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
- Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
- Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
- Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
- Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
- Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
- Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary, and in addition for Senior Consultant and above, you will receive variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.