We are currently seeking a top performing Hadoop Tech Lead to join our Insights & Data Practce. This is a permanent requirement within our Financial Services Business Unit, and Insurance domain experience would be advantageous. The successful consultants will be London Based, but expected to travel.
Capgemini Financial Services requires some experienced Hadoop Tech Lead with Technical / Management skills around business intelligence, reporting and analytics. The person will apply his / her Financial Services industry expertise to help our clients derive value from their internal and external sources of data. This person must be able to engage with business and IT stakeholders in order to derive requirements for Business Intelligence Solutions and to work with the development teams to translate those requirements into accurate Software Specifications. Furthermore, they will have to be able to clearly articulate their approach and deliverables to potential clients.
- Hadoop – Experience of both development of Analytics (preferably Spark and MapReduce) and administration of a secure Hadoop cluster using the Horton works distribution. Core Hadoop experience includes; HDFS, Hbase, Hive, Spark, Ranger, Ambari.
- Strong understanding of Kerberos
- Strong Linux skills including basic administration skills.
- Experiencing leading on and offshore team – including sprint planning.
- Experience integrating Hadoop with external systems/tools; e.g. Elastic Search, Neo4j, Oracle etc…
- Experience of designing analytics platforms
- Analytical approach to problem resolution
- Enthusiastic about Big Data technologies, needs to be a proactive learner.
- Comfortable with agile planning methods.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Confident team leadership.
- Happy to travel within the UK and occasionally abroad
- Comfortable liaising with senior client personnel to establish requirements and discuss potential development strategies
- Able to respectfully challenge customers to think about different options – comfortable providing them with options rather than just perform what they request
- Excellent communication skills – interviewing, preparation and delivery of presentations and reports
- Interested in expanding capabilities into all areas of Information Architecture
- Experience in Financial Services within either Insurance, Banking or Capital Markets
- A track record of achievement and recognition within the IT industry as evidenced by significant promotion since leaving education
- A strong academic track record
- Experience of working within the consulting industry would be a benefit
- Able to work in a team and help assist other team members develop Data Analysis skills
Technical and Consulting Skills
- Experience of knowledge of integration issues and technologies
- Good experience in an analytical/algorithm/data/software development role especially in credit Risk
- Good SQL/data manipulation skills required including cleaning and managing data.
- Experience with statistics/machine learning packages such as Spark MLlib, Python, R etc.
- Scripting/programming languages a plus (Scala, Python, R, Java etc.).
- Degree qualified in quantitative field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning / AI, Basel Compliance, Credit Risk Domain
- Knowledge of test design, implementation and evaluation, with website A/B testing experience a plus.
- Real world experience with Internet scale data on a Hadoop or similar platform highly preferred.
- Experience with data Visualisation tools and packages a plus.
- Responsible for a portfolio of counterparties operating across a broad range of sectors and countries.
- Assess and advise on counterparty risk and mitigations.
- Recommend internal limits, security instruments, payment, and credit terms.
- Monitor credit and performance risk, report non-performing counterparties and adverse credit events
- Knowledge and understanding of how Big Data is currently impacting the Financial Services sector
- Experience in an analytics role for a large transformation programme
- Experience in working on own, or in small team with ability to take the initiative to drive a project forward
- Knowledge of SDLC processes and methodologies (including some of RUP, Agile, Waterfall)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presence and ability to interact with various levels of seniority within a client organisation
- Ability to use agile prototyping tools
- Knowledge of Big Data and tools such as Hadoop, MongoDB
- Ideally use of analytics tools such as R.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organisation, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Rightshore® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Please let us know if you consider yourself to have a disability that requires an adjustment to help facilitate your application, interview or the joining process.
We would like to retain your details for approximately 24 months, in case any suitable positions arise during that time. However, if you would prefer us not to, please let us know.