Hadoop developer – 6 to 9 years -Pune
• Must have strong scripting and programming skills especially in databases using SQL query language.
• Must have strong experience in Data warehouses and Master Data Management systems.
• Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
• Data-oriented personality
• Hand’s in Hadoop ecosystems
• Good knowledge in back-end programming, specifically java
• Ability to write Map Reduce jobs.
• Good knowledge of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
• Ability to write Pig Latin scripts.
• Hands on experience in HiveQL.
• Familiarity with data loading tools like Flume, Sqoop.
• Knowledge of workflow/schedulers like Oozie.
• Analytical and problem solving skills, applied to Big Data domain
• Proven understanding with Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Pig, and HBase.
• Good aptitude in multi-threading and concurrency concepts.
• Nice to have experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc.
• Nice to have experience and understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
• Nice to have experience in data visualisation tools, such as Tableau, D3.js, GGplot, etc.
• Nice to have Developer certification of Hadoop
• Cloud experience will be desirable
• Issue/Work Tracking: Jira, RTC, Quality Centre
Role requires a candidate with a delivery mind-set and a range of skills that illustrate a willingness and ability to adapt and learn new skills/technologies to deliver. The following list is not prescriptive, experience of the full end to end technology stack in some or all of the following would be beneficial:
• Previous experienced working in Financial Services and/or Banking Operations, beneficial but not essential.
• University degree is required
Personal Skill Requirements
• An aptitude for problem solving, and ability to take a structured/ methodical approach to address problems.
• Strong communication/interpersonal skills, with an ability to relate concepts to non-technical colleagues.
• Willing to receive feedback on their work to help them progress and grow.
• Willing to be the first to try new technologies, and be able to quickly produce proof of concept
• Excellent motivational skills with the ability to adapt to change.
• Takes ownership of tasks/issues and has excellent attention to detail
• Knowledge of Agile, and the differences between Agile and Waterfall delivery; understands the concept of incremental delivery.
• Ability to understand and interpret business and IT requirements and provide solutions.
• Experience delivering through all stages of the application development process, from specification & design, development & testing, through to production readiness and release desirable.
• Working with IT Ops/Support – providing required support to Blockchain/ DLT systems post go-live