With more than 170,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2014 global revenues of EUR 10.5 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business and technology solutions that fit their needs and drive the results they want. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at http://www.capgemini.com/ . <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” />
Rightshore ® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
1. Strong Linux and scripting skills (python, pig, Unix)
2. Manage and maintain Access Control Lists (ACLs) on the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) – no application level user provisioning
3. Experienced with Capacity Scheduler to allocate shared cluster resources among users and groups – knowledge of Ambari in cluster maintenance
4. Performance tuning – Cluster level only
5. Configuration and management of the ResourceManager (RM) High Availability (HA) feature in a HDFS cluster
6. Add/ manage /decommission data nodes (any slave nodes)
7. Others as required (not primary) – Cache management, configuration of Rack awareness, HDP platform Security management – these would be good to have skills