Hadoop admin – 4 to 6 years – Hyderabad
• Owning, tracking and resolving HADOOP related incidents and requests.
• Fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs.
• Reviewing service related reports (e.g.: HADOOP configuration, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs.
• Responding to HADOOP related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
• Manage scalable Hadoop cluster environments.
• Manage the backup and disaster recovery for Hadoop data.
• Optimize and tune the Hadoop environments to meet performance requirements.
• Install and configure monitoring tools.
• Work with big data developers and developers designing scalable supportable infrastructure.
• Work with Linux server admin team in administering the server hardware and operating system
• Assist with develop and maintain the system runbooks.
• Create and publish various production metrics including system performance and reliability information to systems owners and management.
• Perform ongoing capacity management forecasts including timing and budget considerations.
• Coordinate root cause analysis (RCA) efforts to minimize future system issues.
• Mentor, develop and train junior staff members as needed.
• Provide off hours & extended hours support.
This HADOOP administrator role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
This role requires excellent communication and documentation skills.