Role: Guide Wire Developer – 2 to 16 years – Hyderabad / Chennai / Mumbai
- Associate would be working as Guide Wire Developer.
- Would be responsible for developing and documenting code using Guidewire modules and components.
- Would provide estimates for coding, unit and integration testing efforts, and post-launch activities.
- He would be responsible in ensuring all requirements, functional and non-functional, are met.
- Would be Participating in business requirements reviews and provide feedback to senior developers Soft Skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Able to manage delivery of a development stream (Configuration/Integration/Both). Approx size 15 to 40
- Ability to estimate work, schedule, resource loading, build plan, track and deliver to plan
- Ability to manage scope for the teams. Need to be able to say “No” when required
- Ability to comply with process requirements
- Ability to clearly communicate, work with onsite teams and client as required to deliver effectively.
- Manage risks and escalate as required.
- Provide overall direction, guidance, coaching for the team to deliver.
- Ability to help technically the team when required.
- Ability to report to the delivery management teams
- Ability to Develop solutions using Guidewire Product
- Optional – Design, Build, Code and Unit Test for requirements related to one of the Guidewire products
- Work with other internal IT teams (including client, onshore and offshore) to complete project activities
Essential Experience: (Must have skills)
- Good technical background Core Java, with a working knowledge in atleast one JEE framework.
- Integration requirements need definite knowledge on webservices. If not produce services, atleast consume.
- Understanding of the Guidewire data model
- Understanding of the Guidewire terminologies
- How to Use Guidewire Studio
- Knowledge of one of the Databases (Oracle or SQL Server)
- Sound knowledge of modern software architectures and development techniques
- Application of structured software development techniques including requirements analysis, functional decomposition, modeling, prototyping, functional design, estimating and testing
- Knowledge in atleast one Software Configuration Management tool like VSS, SVN, CVS, GIT etc
- Financial markets knowledge. Insurance preferable.
- Java JDK 1.5, Swing, Spring, Hibernate, CVS or similar
- Websphere/Weblogic, Webservices, deployment tools etc.
- Guidewire Certified
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal/Written)
- Focused on delivering what needs to be done, Strong personal ownership and ability to set and meet high professional standards, flexible and responsive work style
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Client facing skills will be an advantage.
- Work and take the team alongside.