Title: Guidewire Data analyst (8911183_797901)
Location: Southfield, MI (presently WFH – relocation required post-pandemic)
Employment Terms: Fulltime with benefits
The Conversion Data Analyst will play a key role in ensuring that the development team has all the information on source to target mappings data transformations and XPATHs required for construction
- Understand the data structure of the legacy source systems including Mainframes
- Perform Detailed Profiling of the Source System Data and document the findings including potential impact on the Conversion Process
- Perform Data Quality Analysis of the Source Systems Data and document results suggest approaches to improving the data quality as well as to maximize the number of policies that can be converted into the target PolicyCenter
- Participate actively in the Design of the Policy Stage Data Model Understand the Policy Stage Data Model
- Prepare mapping document with required transformation rules for Source Staging Policy Staging Policy Staging Policy
- Load XML and Policy Load XML PolicyCenter with abundant clarity so that the developers can utilize it for construction with very minimal questions and clarifications
- Prepare XPATH details for the various conversion attributes
- Analyze Free Form Data from the Legacy Sources and suggest approaches to migrate them to the target PolicyCenter
- Participate actively in defect triage meetings to identify the causes of defects and to fix defects as applicable Interface with client Business Analysts and SMEs to obtain inputs to prepare the mapping document
- Walk thru the mapping document with the client Business Analysts and Business SMEs Write SQL code to perform detailed analysis of the data in Source Staging Policy Staging Policy
- Load and target PolicyCenter to identify data issues and anomalies and determine the required solution fixes Interface with the offshore Development and with the QA team and walk them thru the Data Mapping documents
- Experience as Data Analyst in at least two prior Policy Data Conversion Programs with Guidewire PolicyCenter as the target for Personal Lines Preferred and Non Standard
- Experience in preparing Data Mapping documents to map Source Data to the target PolicyCenter in at least two prior Policy Data Conversion Programs with Guidewire PolicyCenter as the target for Personal Lines Preferred and Non Standard
- Strong expertise in writing SQL code to query and analyze data Strong expertise in one or more Data Profiling tools to profile source data
- Strong knowledge of Guidewire PolicyCenter Data Model and Application
- Good understanding of XML hierarchy and relationships between the entities
- Ability to prepare high quality documentation that can be shared with the client team with very minimal senior leadership review
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Preferred Knowledge of Informatica or other ETL tools
- Prior Conversion of Claims Billing Systems
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
What we offer
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.