The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
- Provides the technical leadership and effort estimates regarding Guidewire development assignments and projects.
- Designs Guidewire solutions in conjunction with other system experts.
- Configures and manages Guidewire source control systems and daily build processes aiding in the setup and management of the Guidewire automated build and test processes where applicable.
- Creates new Guidewire data model elements and extend the existing applications data model with new properties as needed for integration components.
- Produces complete technical design documents
- Supports the QA testing efforts and resolve defects to ensure quality code turnover.
- Proposes solutions to improve business unit productivity and/or business results.
- Provides on-call support as necessary.
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Acts independently under general supervision – using established automated software tools to add and correct functionality on complex applications.
- Provides technical and business leadership mentoring and training.
- Develop claims software and integration services in the Guidewire platform.
- Evaluates proposed system changes on complex applications to determine effort impact and time line within their area of responsibility and some broad knowledge of relevant applications.
- Write Java and GOSU code based on system requirements. Configure PolicyCenter / ClaimCenter UI based on business requirements.
- Create and modify rules and rulesets. Conduct Architectural & Technical reviews during the SDLC to meet development standards.
- Participate and present during code reviews and UAT sessions. Perform automated unit testing.
- Participate in daily standup meetings project checkups and retrospectives.
- Communicate status via defined processes and project management tools
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of a group’s applications (including Guidewire platform) programming system / platform. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills excellent problem-solving skills and the self-motivation to improve skills and abilities as generally acquired through five years of experience.
- Should be willing to develop an understanding of the insurance business
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigeneous, Parents and Careers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.