Who you’ll be working with:
At Capgemini Invent we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, we have a 6,000+ strong team.
As a globally renowned technology and digital leader, we have the responsibility, the ambition and the means to contribute to solving major societal questions that are shaping our future world. Invent for Society aims to value how social impact is part of the fabric of what we do.
Fahrenheit 212 is a global innovation consultancy. We define innovation strategies and develop new products, services, and businesses that create sustainable, profitable growth for our clients, who span Fortune 500, FTSE 100, CAC 40, and private equity, across a broad range of sectors – from consumer products and retail, to financial services, to public sector and utilities, travel and hospitality, to media and entertainment. Past and current client partners of our London office have included: Coca-Cola, Diageo, IKEA, Samsung, Audi, McDonald’s, HSBC, The John Lewis Partnership, and Schneider Electric.
An overview of the role:
We are looking for a hands-on Junior Graphic Designer to join our team in London. Rooted in strategic brand understanding, this individual will have an innate ability to bring brand experiences to life as well as desire to experiment with their craft and inspire others along the way. You will have an eclectic portfolio, including strong samples of brand identity and digital product UI, and th ability to concept and create designs that help get the clients message across with high visual impact. You will share the importance and value of working within a team as well as the ability to work independently.
In your role as Junior Designer, you will be working with a cross-functional team of commercial strategists, idea developers, and designers at different stages of the innovation process. As a member of the design team, you will be contributing to the strategic development and design of digital and physical products, brand identity systems, product packaging solutions, and physical environments. We have a team of about twenty working out of our office in London. Our office environment is open, modern and bright; our working culture is fast-paced, creative and collaborative.
- Design Innovation: Participate in multidisciplinary team work to conceptualize, strategize, ideate, and prototype thoughtful solutions to client needs
- Visual Craftsmanship: Create visual designs that demonstrate a high level of graphic composition, interactive usability, and creative problem solving
- Creative Direction: Explore multiple creative design directions and bring them to life through moodboards, storyboards, wireframes, user personas, motion graphics and functional
- interactive prototypes
- User & Usability Research: Participate in user research and testing to assess real-world usability, consumer understanding and commercial application of your designs
- Presentation & Storytelling: Present and explain design directions to both internal and client-facing teams in a thoughtful manner, sharing your insights and rationale in a smart and compelling way
- Work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- Listen actively and be an effective communicator, in writing and in person.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- 2+ years of experience designing for a wide cross-section of brands.
- Proficiency in all Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office product
- Impressive visual storytelling skills.
- Strong understanding of typography and letterforms.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and have a desire to share what you know.
- Driven by innovation, creativity, empathy and a desire to design for real consumers and the real world.
- Attention to detail and passion for your craft.
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/