Graduate UX/UI User Researcher 2020
Location : Telford
Intake: 21 September 2020
User research is vital to any IT solution. So it will come as no surprise that our User Researchers are deeply valued by our talented UX community.
Match our innovative designers’ passion for collaboration – both with each other and their clients – and you’ll enjoy scaling private and public sector technology challenges. As part of a team where creativity and ingenuity aren’t just welcomed, but expected
You’ll know all too well just how confusing some websites can be – how many times has Alexa, Google or Siri misunderstood you? As a User Researcher, you’ll use different techniques to find out users’ needs, motivations and pain points and inform the design of a system or service.
It’s something that calls for a wide range of skills, as you’ll interview users, create detailed plans, understand and extrapolate data, facilitate workshops, present research findings and more.
Everything you do will be valued by our designers and developers, and help to create the best end-to-end experience for users, regardless of their device or their skill level. Ultimately, you’ll help ensure the information they receive is timely, appropriate and, most importantly, understandable.
- You’ll identify users and use the best research method to discover their needs.
- You’ll present your research analysis and findings to colleagues and key stakeholders.
- You’ll turn complex information into easy-to-understand, compelling insights.
- You’ll encourage less digital-savvy people to be confident with new technology.
- You’ll collaboratively define the best user journeys.
- You’ll consider how external factors like policy, legislation, business constraints and technology might have a negative impact on the user experience.
- You’ll build strong relationships that enhance our agile delivery team’s effectiveness.
- You’ll work closely with a range of digital delivery experts as well as external business stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- A Bachelor’s degree, and passion for technology’s unlimited potential and ability to engage with people.
- The flexibility to travel to clients.
- Solid communication skills, with the astuteness to really listen and confidence to reach your target audience.
- A love of learning that means you’ll make the most of this growing form of technology to develop your skills in parallel with the needs of your clients.
- Impressive problem-solving capabilities.
- UK residency for the last five years with no more than six months out of the country (in order to meet security clearance requirements).
An industry-leading career. Access to innovative projects – and entrepreneurial colleagues. A team atmosphere where horizon-expanding challenges are matched with limitless professional opportunities. At Capgemini, we don’t just have a passion for the potential within technology, we live and breathe it. It’s a passion that our people share too. So if you want to work in an organisation that celebrates ambition and creativity, and rewards hard work with a flexible benefits package that can be tailored to your life-stage, then you’ll be a natural fit here
At Capgemini, we know that one solution doesn’t fit all. We appreciate that outstanding technical solutions become all the more outstanding when ingenuity is applied to a thought-process. And we know that the secret to any successful organisation lies not just in the quality of work that it is producing, but in the people who are behind this work. It is precisely this that makes Capgemini such a force to be reckoned with. Committed to applying ground-breaking technical approaches to organisations across a myriad of industries around the globe, we help our clients become more agile, competitive and successful.
Working collaboratively, our multidisciplinary people work in partnership with one another to help their clients achieve their goals. And with over 200,000 people and nearly 130 nationalities under our wing, plus an inclusive and diverse community where everyone is welcome, we nurture a team ethos that ensures we are truly representative of the colourful clients that we support.
This inclusive spirit extends to ensuring every member of our organisation is finding the ideal work/life balance. Whether that means part-time work, flexible hours or a condensed week, we will find the right working approach if you are the right person for the job. Empowering our people to discover what they are truly capable of, at Capgemini we will give you all the support you need to shape the future and bring your ideas to life.
Find out more and apply
Some of our roles may require security clearance. To meet security clearance requirements, you will need to have lived in the UK for the past five years. If you have spent more than six months outside the UK in that period, we will unfortunately not be able to consider you for the role.
At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we don’t screen out purely on the basis of academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using a number of tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video assessment and assessment centres.