Graduate User Researcher
Who you’ll be working with
User Researchers are key figures in our service teams, working to generate the feedback and insight service teams need to build a clear picture of their users and deliver solutions that they need. They will support service managers by generating new and useful user insights and translating it into features and actions that will allow them to iteratively improve their service for users.
You should be experienced in using a variety of user testing methodologies to reveal actionable customer insights. You will have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence.
You will need to be confident in explaining user needs to senior civil servants, and for acting as a persuasive advocate for those needs both within the team and the department at large. You will also be comfortable working with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentation.
What you will be doing:
- Planning, designing and conducting in-house usability testing sessions to support the design and development of government services
- Leading the usability testing process from developing user recruitment briefs through to test moderation, analysis and report writing
- Conducting in-house research to test new product and concept developments
- Working with Service Managers to devise appropriate research strategies to generate focused insights and to convert concepts into high quality stimulus material
- Working closely with designers and developers to turn user data into actionable product/service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction
- Designing, scripting and analysing ad-hoc quantitative surveys using in-house software licences
- Managing ad-hoc qualitative/quantitative research projects such as proposition development, visual identity and customer experience mapping
- Presenting findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers
What we are looking for:
- The ability to make effective decisions using multiple sources on the solving of business problems
- High attention to detail and fantastic problem-solving skills
- Ability to be proactive and spot problems before they arise
- Ability to build great relationships and trust with staff & stakeholders
- A collaborative way of working
- Enthusiasm and a positive can-do attitude
- A passion for technology and providing great customer service
- Previous experience/knowledge in research/web-based service delivery ideal.
At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we don’t screen out purely on the basis of academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using a number of tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video assessment and assessment centres.