Graduate Technical Specialist 2021
Location : Telford (West Midlands)
Intakes: April 2021
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. We provide IT solutions to organisations around the world, so they can become more agile, more competitive and more successful within their industry. Supporting our clients delivering successful cross-organisational transformations within one of Capgemini’s largest global accounts.
A graduate role at Capgemini is perfect for you if you want to create, develop and deliver solutions to clients. As a Atlassian Technical specialist, you will gain experience within The ALM Delivery Centre, who are a leader in Capgemini's global Atlassian delivery network. Our simple purpose is to help teams to work better together, whether at local levels or across entire organisations.
You will be working alongside people who are experts in different technologies and have a wealth of technical and client experience. It is often fast-paced, and we work in a collaborative environment. You’ll be involved from day one with a team around you, be stretched and, just as importantly, be trusted
The Focus of Your Role
The Atlassian Technical Specialist is a hybrid business and technical specialist role, whose primary purpose is to enable Capgemini's clients to work better, together.
The purpose of the role is achieved by understanding the business outcomes that our clients need to achieve, and then working with those clients in a close, collaborative relationship to rapidly design, prototype, iterate, release and support business solutions in an Agile manner.
You will be expected to work to achieve Atlassian certifications, ultimately achieving Atlassian Master Status. Additionally, expected to develop a working conceptual and operational knowledge of the whole technology stack involved in the delivery of a solution to a client, to the extent that the Engineer can ultimately design an E2E system, and is also capable of diagnosing system performance issues to an advanced level in large-scale, complex enterprise systems. The business solutions provided by this role are based on Atlassian, Atlassian Marketplace and supporting technology.
In addition to technical skills, will also need to develop a working understanding of the concepts of a broad range of business skills, reflecting the nature of the clients:
– Agile project and programme management
– Agile Enterprise Planning
– Modern Software Development methods and principles including DevOps, CI/CD
– IT Service Management (ITIL v4) and its disciplines
– Modern team-working methods and principles such as Agile, Scaled Agile, and supporting methods such as Scrum
– Business process Management
The Atlassian Technical Specialist must be able to apply this knowledge of these domains when talking to clients and designing solutions, because clients usually want their systems to reflect best practice in these areas.
You will be able to design, deploy and configure systems that are capable of supporting the business use cases, and be available for further customisation by Atlassian Consultant colleagues. Beyond this, you will be able to tune and diagnose issues with deployed environments in all Capgemini and client environments. The ability to carry out holistic system health checks, and subsequently make recommendations and implement them is a key facet of this role.
In deploying and maintaining systems, you will be able to carry out traditional 'manual' deployment and configuration activities, but must also achieve the skills and ability to use cloud hosting platforms such as Azure and AWS along with DevOps automation technologies such as Vagrant, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins and scripting technologies such as shell, Python and others to accomplish their objectives.
What you’ll bring
• You will be passionate about technology and ready to learn new skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good presentation skills.
• Calm under pressure, able to balance multiple priorities.
• Able to work independently or as part of a team.
• Excellent problem solving and creativity skills.
• Driven and self-motivated.
• Customer and value/outcomes-focussed
• Applies continual targeted self-development, personal and professional
• We expect all our team members to express our seven core values which form the basis for our rules of conduct within our teams
• Have a Technical degree
• Plenty of drive, curiosity, and willingness to challenge and be challenged, appetite to continually develop skills
What we’ll offer you
• We may be one of the world's top consulting, technology and outsourcing organisations, with more than 200,000 people in over 40 countries. But we still have big ambitions – and we'll rely on you to help us achieve them
• Professional development and a worthwhile experience with technology and opportunity to work with and learn industry standard technology.
• With us, you’ll have responsibility from day one. Work alongside and network with experts to gain industry insights and develop your business knowledge. Thrive in a fast-paced, intensely collaborative environment. You’ll have time to develop, be involved, be stretched and, just as importantly, be trusted
• It’s all part of our commitment to hiring the best people and enabling them to achieve their full potential with us, regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
• To be part of a 300 strong Graduate, Apprentice & Placement community that are really supportive and to be part of local social events (currently virtual), giving you access to the MU’s large graduate community
• Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability: we'll give you multiple opportunities to get involved with the extra activities we call 'Giving Back', which means you'll be involved with fun and charitable events, from the Palace to Palace cycle ride, careers fairs, football tournaments, and much more.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we know that one solution doesn’t fit all. We appreciate that outstanding technical solutions become all the more outstanding when ingenuity is applied to a thought-process. And we know that the secret to any successful organisation lies not just in the quality of work that it is producing, but in the people who are behind this work. It is precisely this that makes Capgemini such a force to be reckoned with. Committed to applying ground-breaking technical approaches to organisations across a myriad of industries around the globe, we help our clients become more agile, competitive and successful.
Working collaboratively, our multidisciplinary people work in partnership with one another to help their clients achieve their goals. And with over 200,000 people and nearly 130 nationalities under our wing, plus an inclusive and diverse community where everyone is welcome, we nurture a team ethos that ensures we are truly representative of the colourful clients that we support.
This inclusive spirit extends to ensuring every member of our organisation is finding the ideal work/life balance. Whether that means part-time work, flexible hours or a condensed week, we will find the right working approach if you are the right person for the job. Empowering our people to discover what they are truly capable of, at Capgemini we will give you all the support you need to shape the future and bring your ideas to life.
Find out more and apply
Some of our roles may require security clearance. To meet security clearance requirements, you will need to have lived in the UK for the past five years. If you have spent more than six months outside the UK in that period, we will unfortunately not be able to consider you for the role.
At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we don’t screen out purely on the basis of academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using a number of tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video assessment and assessment centres.