Graduate SAP Functional Application Specialist Hybrid Working 2022
Location : Telford/Worthing
Start Date: March, July, September and November 2022
Salary: £30,000 base plus flexible benefits
The Focus of Your Role
As a SAP Functional Application Specialist you will part of a team that supports different streams of work. Whether it’s providing application management support within the Live Services team or delivery work through the Project team, this role requires sound knowledge of the specific, implemented SAP module. You’ll hone your expertise through frequent use of the system, as well as training and guidance from our senior SAP consultants.
You’ll find this is an extremely dynamic role with opportunities to develop functional and technical expertise, as well as the client facing soft skills you need to excel in IT consulting.
As a SAP Functional Application Specialist, you will be expected to:
• Gain knowledge and expertise in specific SAP modules
• Support the Live Services team by:
o Resolving incidents identified by end users
o Working with the client to understand and diagnose new issues, as well as potential issues which may arise in the future
o Working with the development team to implement fixes
Reporting to service delivery managers on deliverables
• Support the Project team by:
o Attending and facilitating workshops
o Working with the client to clarify requirements
o Creating/updating project documentation
o Testing new developments
o Understanding the project lifecycle and agile methodology
What you’ll bring
• We expect all our team members to express our seven core values which form the basis for our rules of conduct within our teams.
• Further to that we would like: A bachelor’s degree, ideally in Computer Science or Business Information Systems, although it’s not essential, we have found that Finance, HR or Business graduates do well in the Functional roles.
• Ability to plan and organise workload to achieve deadlines, prioritising where necessary.
• Attention to detail, and the ability to interpret data and information, so that you can provide your clients and team with meaningful insights.
• Brilliant communications (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills which you’ll use to engender trust in client relationships, and to build supportive and productive team relationships
• Plenty of drive, curiosity and willingness to challenge and be challenged, appetite to continually develop skills
• Passion for technology, desire to build an IT/SAP career, flair for solving problems, strong analytical skills
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 310,000 team members in 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, driven by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering, and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
What we’ll offer you
• With more than 310,000 people in over 50 countries, we still have big ambitions – and we will rely on you to help us achieve them
• With us, you will have responsibility from day one. Work alongside and network with experts to gain industry insights and develop your business knowledge. Thrive in a fast-paced, intensely collaborative environment. You will have time to develop, be involved, be stretched and, just as importantly, be trusted
• Professional development and a worthwhile experience with technology and opportunity to work with and learn industry standard technology.
• It is all part of our commitment to hiring the best people and enabling them to achieve their full potential with us, regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
• To be part of a 360 strong Graduate, Apprentice & Placement community that are supportive and to be part of local social events, giving you access to the MU’s large graduate community
• Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability: we will give you multiple opportunities to get involved with the extra activities we call ‘Giving Back’, which means you will be involved with fun and charitable events, from the Palace-to-Palace cycle ride, careers fairs, football tournaments, and much more.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we know that one solution does not fit all. We appreciate that outstanding technical solutions become even more outstanding when innovation is applied to a thought-process, we know that the secret to any successful organisation lies not just in the quality of work that it is producing, but in the people, who are behind this work. It is precisely this that makes Capgemini such a force to be reckoned with. Committed to applying ground-breaking technical approaches to organisations across a myriad of industries around the globe, we help our clients become more agile, competitive, and successful.
Working collaboratively, our multidisciplinary people work in partnership with one another to help their clients achieve their goals. And with over 310,000 people and 130 nationalities under our wing, plus an inclusive and diverse community where everyone is welcome, we nurture a team ethos that ensures we are truly representative of the colourful clients that we support.
This inclusive spirit extends to ensuring every member of our organisation is finding the ideal work/life balance. Whether that means part-time work, flexible hours, or a condensed week, we will find the right working approach if you are the right person for the job. Empowering our people to discover what they are truly capable of. At Capgemini we will give you all the support you need to shape the future and bring your ideas to life.
Find out more and apply
Some of our roles may require security clearance. To meet security clearance requirements, you will need to have lived in the UK for the past five years. If you have spent more than six months outside the UK in that period, we will unfortunately not be able to consider you for the role.
At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we do not screen out purely based on academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using several tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video assessment and assessment centres.