Graduate Financial Services Insights & Data Consultant
Location : London
Intake: March and September 2022
I HEART business. I ACE strategy.
I HEART Analytics. I ACE finding creative solutions.
Who you’ll be working with
Are you looking for an opportunity to start your career as a Data or Business Analyst or gain further exposure to some of the world’s top investment and banking institutions? This could be the just the steppingstone in becoming a data expert.
Capgemini Financial Services requires Data Consultant for our Insights & Data Practice who will be working with several of our banking and Insurance clients. In this role, you will train as a Data Consultant and use your experience and subject matter expertise combined with a consultative selling approach to both build and maintain relationships with our clients.
All our roles are permanent, full-time positions, based in London where travel will be expected.
The Focus of Your Role
Capgemini Financial Services requires a Data Consultant with skills in the area of business intelligence, data warehousing, reporting and advanced analytics with an understanding within the Financial Services Sector.
This is a great opportunity to join our Graduate Programme and over a Over two years, you’ll develop your expertise in helping businesses change the way they work – by demonstrating business potential to clients in Banking, Insurance and Capital Market then working with them to embed it into their business. As part of the team, you will specialise and develop skills in a range of advanced analytical tools and techniques.
What you’ll do
The range of activities that our Data Consultant will get involved with is extensive and includes:
- Learning how to be a consultant specializing in data and analytics.
- Get exposure to connect with some internal/external teams in order to understand business processes, clarify client’s requirements and work on go-to market solutions.
- Undertake analysis and research to help clients implement analytics-based solutions.
- Learn and use modelling and analytical techniques to solve business problems as part of major business transformations.
- Work and collaborate with our internal Data teams and learn how to respond to client RFI, RFP and ITT documents including cost estimates and follow activities to secure new business.
Technical and Consulting Skills:
- Develop and use your problem-solving skills
- Strong presence and ability to interact with various levels of seniority within a client organisation.
- Learn and increase your knowledge of data warehousing and challenges posed by data quality.
- Get exposure to working with industry models for either insurance, banking, capital markets, financial regulation or compliance.
- Obtain knowledge and understanding of how Big Data is currently impacting the Financial Services sector.
- Learn and understand how to work with structured and unstructured data – batch and real time data reporting.
- You will be given training and the chance to learn SDLC processes and methodologies (including RUP, Agile, Waterfall)
What you’ll bring
- Consulting skills
- Exposure to SQL, Python, R or any form of visualisation reporting (Power BI, Tableau, QlikView etc.)
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- A keen interest in the use of analytical tools and statistical modelling.
- An ability and appetite to analyse data with a variety of tools.
- Be able to connect, respond and work with our customers independently or as a team.
- Client interfacing skills.
- Strong team-working and collaboration skills.
- Responsible and committed to working as part of a team to share knowledge and work on solutions
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com People matter, results count