Graduate Business Change Analyst 2022
Location : Telford
Intakes: September 2022
Salary: £30,000 base plus flexible benefits
The Focus of Your Role
In Business Change & Transformation we help our clients deliver successful cross-organisational transformations within one of Capgemini’s largest global accounts. We put people at the forefront of any change, whether this is incremental or transformational styles of change management. We pride ourselves on being the experts on behavioural change, Agile business change and Change Management practices.
We are a small team of skilled business change practitioners who have extensive experience of working on significant change assignments within Capgemini and for Capgemini Clients. We are capable of leading or assisting on global and local change assignments with the primary responsibility of developing businesses cases, understanding change impact, analysing the appropriate approach, assessing business readiness as well as preparing communications to enable a successful change.
What you’ll do
Our team are active in different parts of a major UK Business Unit, involved in varying types of change to deliver business value. You will assist in change-related assignments and lead on activities where appropriate. You will be a key member of the Business Change & Transformation team, supporting change assignments which will vary in nature. Necessary additional training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Specific role responsibilities include:
· Supporting change Initiatives from building the case for change through gathering & analysing data, identifying the change impact, proposing recommendations, and supporting change implementation.
· Developing and sustaining business relationships with key stakeholders, having the ability to engage and gain commitment where necessary.
· Working collaboratively with fellow colleagues, for example in workshop design & execution, facilitation of progress checkpoints and other activities to ensure change is understood, assessed and communicated.
· Utilising Change Management & Agile techniques to ensure successful delivery of business change assignments (necessary training will be provided).
· Continuously learning about relevant new tools, techniques and methodologies that will assist you and the Business Change & Transformation Team to better deliver successful change.
What you’ll bring
We expect all our team members to express our seven core values which form the basis for our rules of conduct within our teams. Further to that we would like:
· A bachelor’s degree. You do not need a specific business related degree but we do ask that you are passionate and willing to learn the subject of Business Change.
· Ability to plan and organise workload to achieve deadlines, prioritising where necessary.
· Attention to detail, and the ability to interpret data and information, so that you can provide your clients and team with meaningful insights.
· Brilliant communications (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills which you’ll use to engender trust in client relationships, and to build supportive and productive team relationships.
· Add plenty of drive, team spirit and you could soon be working with people who care as much as you do.
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 290,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, driven by the fast evolving and innovative technologies. Capgemini believes that digital transformation should benefit all of humanity. Capgemini intends to be a benchmark in terms of its contribution to society, not just for its own activities but for those of its customers too, fighting exclusion and acting to promote diversity, ensuring equal opportunities and the preservation of natural resources. The very heart of the Group’s purpose is to build an inclusive and sustainable future for all, enabled by technology, drawing on the energy of its talents and also the talents of its customers and partners.
What we’ll offer you
· You will be working alongside people who are experts in different technologies and have a wealth of technical and client experience. It is often fast-paced, and we work in a collaborative environment. You’ll be involved from day one with a team around you, be stretched and, just as importantly, be trusted.
· Long term, professional and accelerated development, and career progression, in an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini.
· So, expect the training, support and challenge you need to capitalise on what makes you special – and to be able to confidently pursue the career path that most inspires you
· It’s all part of our commitment to hiring the best people and enabling them to achieve their full potential with us, regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
· Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability: we’ll give you multiple opportunities to get involved with the extra activities we call ‘Giving Back’, which means you’ll be involved with fun and charitable events, from the Palace-to-Palace cycle ride, to beach cleans, careers fairs, football tournaments, and much more.
· To be part of a 360 strong Graduate, Apprentice & Placement community that are supportive and to be part of local social events, giving you access to the MU’s large graduate community
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we know that one solution doesn’t fit all. We appreciate that outstanding technical solutions become even more outstanding when innovation is applied to a thought-process, we know that the secret to any successful organisation lies not just in the quality of work that it is producing, but in the people, who are behind this work. It is precisely this that makes Capgemini such a force to be reckoned with. Committed to applying ground-breaking technical approaches to organisations across a myriad of industries around the globe, we help our clients become more agile, competitive and successful.
Working collaboratively, our multidisciplinary people work in partnership with one another to help their clients achieve their goals. And with over 310,000 people and nearly 130 nationalities under our wing, plus an inclusive and diverse community where everyone is welcome, we nurture a team ethos that ensures we are truly representative of the colourful clients that we support.
This inclusive spirit extends to ensuring every member of our organisation is finding the ideal work/life balance. Whether that means part-time work, flexible hours or a condensed week, we will find the right working approach if you are the right person for the job. Empowering our people to discover what they are truly capable of; at Capgemini we will give you all the support you need to shape the future and bring your ideas to life.
These roles require SC clearance in addition to the standard BPSS clearance. To meet the clearance requirements, you will need to be a resident of the UK for the past five years and spent no more than 28 consecutive days outside the UK in that period, we unfortunately may not be able to consider you for the role.
At Capgemini, academics form part of our overall hiring decision but we don’t screen out purely on the basis of academic performance. We will assess your suitability for a role using a number of tools including strengths and critical reasoning assessments, video assessment and assessment centres.