An overview of the role
The GLB software owns strategy, supplier selection and the overall supplier relationship for all vendors in his/her category/portfolio. The profile drives savings within the category all the while ensuring the best T&Cs, quality and delay.
This is a global position reporting into the Global Category Manager (GCM) for Software. The position is based in Europe (UK, Germany or Netherlands).
Why this role?
- Build sourcing strategy for software vendors of his/her portfolio (likely to be HR, Marketing and Sales corporate software)
- Manage full portfolio sourcing process, supplier negotiations and paperwork, strategic account relationships, performance evaluations and continuous improvement initiatives
- Drive global savings initiatives in close cooperation with stakeholders (internal use, managed services and resell)
- Evaluate make-vs-buy decision, conduct RFP and negotiate renewals taking benefit from end of quarter or fiscal year.
- Closely cooperate with the stakeholders to clarify their needs (features and SLA), budget and timeline.
- Provide category input to Global and Regional Category Managers
- Provide inputs, guidance and support to regional buyers for local bids and to Alliances for resell.
- Monitor the market to identify startups, disruptors, innovations, relevant industry developments impacting the Capgemini information System and contribute to the overall IT expertise with insights.
- Identify and implement improvements in processes, tools and documentation
- Regularly benchmark with peers
- Ensure suppliers are correctly reflected in the procurement tool to drive contract adherence and savings
- Master’s degree in business/economics, engineering or finance control
- 5+ years of experience in large corporations with proven track record in sourcing global software suppliers (experience in global system integrators is a plus)
- Procurement specialization preferred
- Results oriented with proven negotiation skills driving significant savings and strong supplier partnerships
- Highly organized with ability to balance global vision with attention to local detail and prioritizing activities in a complex environment
- Strong communicator with solid problem-solving skills
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Work Life Harmony
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. So, where possible, our Work Life Harmony policy will help you to work flexibly and juggle your work and home life.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Find out more about joining Capgemini. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm