UK Wide, Mobility Required.
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
In Business Technology Solutions (BTS) we specialise in navigating our clients through the complexities of large-scale, technology-driven transformation programmes, using our skills to drive outstanding delivery. Having the right people using the right methodology and following the right process gives every client the right result.
The Architects’ capability within BTS is a growing team of 130 people dedicated to ensuring that the technologies selected and the way that they are implemented meet the business objectives of our clients. There are several disciplines within the architecture team: delivery, business, integration and digital architects and technical managers, and many of our people can perform in more than one of these roles.
You will be the custodian of the GIS components and their technical integrity of a client’s project or programme. You will typically be on the client’s premises working closely hand in hand with their employees, our engagement manager and the technical team. You will be the “go to” person for any technical issues relating to the GIS elements of the solution.
• Use your technical and business knowledge to inspire and drive transformational change within client engagements
• You will architect / design the GIS technology elements of the solution in line with business objectives, IT Strategy and architecture principles
• You will provide advice / guidance on the use of spatial data to meet the business strategy and objectives
• You will provide advice / guidance including the use of patterns for the integration of GIS with other elements of the overall solution and across the organisation
• Based on the Esri technology stack you will ensure that appropriate software engineering best practice is followed
• Actively support the management of technical risks
• Work closely with the Engagement Manager to present a unified front to the client
• Become a geospatial trusted advisor to the client, and for the account team
• Actively contribute to the GIS architecture community
• Track record of defining GIS solutions based on the Esri technology stack.
• Estimation and planning of Esri GIS solutions
• Strong background in client facing roles with proven stakeholder management skills
• Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions for articulation to other technical team members
• Experience in delivering using Agile processes and tooling
• Ideally have a software engineering background
• Knowledge of cloud deployment approaches
Essential Technical Skills:
• ArcGIS Enterprise / Online platform knowledge
o Services provided by the platform (APIs)
• Detailed understanding of how to integrate Esri technology with other platforms:
o Asset and work management systems
o Realtime data feeds
• Knowledge of the Esri mobile technology
• Appreciation of online / off-line ways of working
• GeoSpatial Data
o Sources of data
o Management of data
o Data Exploitation
• Geospatial Analytics
Desired Technical Skills:
• Working with distributed, off shore delivery teams
• Architecture methods, for example, TOGAF
• Identity and Access Management and its integration with the Esri technology stack
• GIS Database Migration
• Experience of Esri version models
• Knowledge of ArcFM
• Experience of customising ArcGIS Desktop
• Domain Knowledge:
o Travel and Transport
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.