A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
What makes us different?
- We have a unique focus that sets us apart from our competitors: A dedicated Application Management/Outsourcing Sales and Sector team
- Capgemini employees live the company’s values, including boldness, fun and modesty: Our customers really like this as it is embodied in the people we put forward onto our engagements
- We empower our people so that they, as well as Capgemini, can deliver results
We are an assignment-based organisation. Flexibility is intrinsic to our way of working, enabling our people to gain the experience they need to progress their careers.
Who you’ll be working with
You will be working with UK colleagues and offshore teams, delivering to a client that requires specialist support in the support and strategic development of their GIS systems. You will be expected to support our client from Capgemini’s location in Glasgow, and from other client locations within Scotland when required. We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic GIS Consultants with demonstrable experience leading clients to resolve complex business and technical problems and assist them in getting the best out of their GIS applications.
As part of Capgemini UK Application Management Services, you will work within a community structure covering all areas of Functional and Technical support, Development and supporting functions. This is supported by a People Capability that helps with the individuals training and growth alongside the business requirements to enable us to deliver the high standard of support that our clients expect from Capgemini.
The focus on your role
As a senior GIS Consultant you will provide Functional and Technical expertise requires to support our client with the ongoing strategic development of their GIS platform, in line with their Operational priorities. You will be expected to act as Subject Matter Expert and be able to assist Capgemini’s client with answering queries; developing solutions and business cases. You will also assist other Capgemini teams resolving operational issues and incidents; and providing strategic input and best practice where required. You will also be expected to provide input to requests for changes and enhancements.
- Design, development and support of GIS applications in a fast paced environment.
- Candidate Should have work experience on design, build configuration applications, acting as the primary point of contact, supporting existing integrations and service delivery.
- Candidate will advise and assist in design and implementation of GIS architecture, ArcGIS server, Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server services and geodatabases.
- Candidate will be responsible for the creation, analysis, and maintenance of various spatial datasets.
- The desired candidate will have experience in the development of enterprise implementations of Esri web and desktop applications.
- The successful candidate will have Capability of designing, developing, and maintaining database-driven geospatial end-user applications and interfaces for desktop and web.
- Have in depth knowledge of creating geoprocessing models.
- Knowledge/experience in FME Workbench will be an added advantage.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.