We are now looking for 4-6 years of experienced Genesys Developer with previous hands on experience in Genesys framework 8.0/8.1/8.5, Inbound Voice, T-server/ SIP server deployment and troubleshooting. Experience with PureEngage on Premise or Cloud is highly preferred.
- Understanding of CTI (Computer Telephony Integration)
- Strong understanding of contact centre environment
- Strong experience in Genesys framework 8.0/8.1/8.5, Inbound Voice, T-server/ SIP server deployment and troubleshooting.
- Routing designing and its troubleshooting, reporting knowledge.
- Strong extensive experience in URS (Universal routing Server), IRD, T-server, SIP server and stat server.
- Experience in creating, developing, & deploying routing strategy using IRD
- Composer and designer based on the business requirement.
- Support application changes, creation & modification as per client demand & CR’s.
- Analysis & troubleshooting of application related issue, Coordinate and support development team.
- Agent provisioning, Create VQ, VAG, AGRP, VQG. Find and fix agent issue, change the configuration if required
- Knowledge of GAX, GI2, GA, CME, Pulse.
- Ready to work in a 24×7 with good communication skills.
We are looking for an open, positive and driven person with a good track record in previous work. Furthermore, the successful candidate would be able to show below skills and qualities:
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Good analytical skills and process-oriented way of working.
- Capable of taking own initiatives and to think outside the box.
- Ability to balance multiple task with changing priorities.
- Ability to work and think independently and ensure to meet deadline.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both verbal and written
As a Capgemini employee, you are offered:
- International career opportunities and fantastic networks of expertise. With over 1500 colleagues in Sweden only, you are part of a large, tech focused community, with a course catalog of over 500 courses and certifications.
- A variety of innovative projects with well-known clients and world-leading partners – alongside with the security of being employed in a long-standing, successful organization.
- An inclusive corporate culture where Diversity is one of our most important guiding principles. We are continuously engaged in initiatives that promote diversity and women in tech; we run LGBTQ networks and aim for inclusion in all types of staff activities – from sports club to art association. Please find out more about Capgemini as an employer HERE.
All employees are covered by a collective agreement and receive occupational pension, insurance, parental benefits and health care allowance – among other benefits.
In recent employee surveys, our employees particularly emphasize:
- A friendly and flexible workplace culture
- Supportive managers and freedom of speech
- Strong values and diversity focus
- Good work-life balance
Your application should contain your CV, a cover letter and any additional relevant documentation. The selection process is ongoing, so please submit your application as soon as possible. If you have any questions regarding this position please contact Talent Acquisition Specialist Elin Åberg at email@example.com
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17 billion. People matter, results count.