Greater London (Travel maybe required however team are currently working remotely)
In Digital Experience we specialise in navigating our clients through the complexities of large-scale, technology-driven transformation programmes, using our skills to drive outstanding delivery. Having the right people using the right methodology and following the right process gives every client the right result.
The Platform Engineering capability within Digital is a growing team of people dedicated to ensuring that the technologies selected and the way that they are implemented meet the business objectives of our clients. There are several disciplines within the Digital Experience team: delivery, business, integration and digital architects and technical managers, and many of our people can perform in more than one of these roles.
You will be working as a Cloud Platform Engineer in a team delivering cloud infrastructure and software deployment automation on a variety of projects for a highly respected organisation.
You will be working with in-house software development teams to design, develop and implement cloud infrastructure solutions to support the strategic technology road map.
- Develop automated CI/CD deployment pipelines for both software and cloud infrastructure
- Work with development teams to deliver and support web services
- Proactively support and resolve any issues related to cloud infrastructure and application deployments
- Demonstrate a passion and commitment towards minimising costs through automation and shortening of feedback cycles
- Work closely with operations teams and demonstrate a commitment to their success.
- Expertise in public cloud PaaS, CaaS and IaaS tools and environments, particularly with Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Demonstrable knowledge and expertise in Jenkins, Gitlab/Github, Nexus or equivalent CI/CD tools
- Experience working with Terraform, Ansible and a common scripting language (Bash, Python, Ruby etc)
- A good understanding of common software development techniques and testing processes
- Be a source of knowledge when it comes to good DevOps and Infrastructure-as-Code techniques and technologies
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs
This role is open to our Returners Programme