Who you’ll be working with
Through a global network of more than 25,000 professionals, Capgemini’s Financial Services Strategic Business Unit (FS SBU) delivers deep domain expertise and enhanced service offerings to some of the world’s top financial services institutions.
The Application Development & Maintenance practice is the largest practice within Capgemini Financial Services, with a headcount of 6000+ servicing 500+ clients globally.
ADM is the primary home for delivery-focused individuals, and as such we have established a number of partnerships with the wider industry including Microsoft, IBM, Sun and Oracle – to name but a few – with whom we collaborate on a regular basis to bring new and innovative solutions to the market.
Given our diverse skillset, ADM is involved in all aspects of client work within the financial services sector, and aims to provide exciting and challenging work to our employees, whilst also ensuring individuals have a defined progression path combined with a certification process that allows them to manage their development and careers at Capgemini.
The focus of your role
Major banks and insurance companies are outsourcing transformation programmes on a regular basis to Capgemini. In most cases, these are highly complex programmes that have major impacts on the multiple business lines of our clients. We use new technologies, and several Capgemini business units work together in a “distributed delivery model” to deliver such programmes.
It’s important that we have the right people to help deliver these programmes. Are you one of those people?
What you will be doing
- As Micro Services Lead Engineer you will lead design and build of model execution platform on GCP Google Cloud Platform
- You will work with the Solution architect and product owner to build series of micro services that will form the model execution platform
- You are expected to build DevOps pipeline for continuous integration and deployment to various environments
- You will be part of an agile team take on complex problems and design and code
- You are not only expected to deliver your area but contribute to the overall product space
- You are expected to participate in the technical innovation within your product area
- Make decisions within a project guide and coach team on technical expertise and known practices and precedents
- Support issue resolution and improve processing performance on the provisioned GCP environments
- Ensure the use of Python Java and similar technology reduces lead time to delivery and aligns to overall Group strategic direction so that cross functional development is usable
What you will bring to the role
- Solid experience in writing design specification for micro services
- Extensive experience in Python or Java or both
- Good knowledge of GCP products especially big query GKE cloud storage compute engine cloud SQL
- Experience with micro services architecture and key enabling patterns DevOps and Agile engineering practitioner test driven development Experience building and maintaining API s with RESTful web services
- Ability to work independently on specialized assignments within the context of project deliverables
- Take ownership of providing solutions and tools that iteratively increase engineering efficiencies
- Design should help embed standard processes systems and operational models into the BAU approach for end to end execution of stress tests enabling the organisation to leverage global economies of scale Frameworks Architecture Django React
- Excellent communication skills team player
- Nice to Have Knowledge of PySpark Scala
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.