Whilst you may have any of our UK offices as a base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice.
Do you want to make a real difference in your career, a difference that affects people’s lives and transforms the way companies and government operate? Do you want to amaze people, to take them on a journey and show them something truly fantastic? Do you want to be at the forefront of the AI revolution?
The Data Engineering, Architecture and Platform practice is part of Capgemini’s global Insights & Data group; our goal is to help the organisations we work with become truly ‘insight driven’, to fully exploit their data using the convergence of Cloud and Artificial Intelligence to deliver real business value. We marry the most innovative insights solutions with rock solid, industrialised engineering.
We can’t become ‘insight driven’ without data. We can’t deliver the AI revolution without data. Data is the lifeblood of everything we do in Insights and Data. We embrace experimentation and industrialisation, so we need passionate, energetic data engineers who are focussed on using their skills to drive out real business value from their data assets.
Now the data space is clearly very large, thus the myriad of skills and technologies is equally sized but also rapidly evolving. So it’s important to us that you have a desire for continued learning. We want you to be thinking “how can I use what I know?”, “what do I need to learn?” in order to help your client achieve their business goals.
We don’t really have a typical day or typical project at Capgemini. Our clients expect advice, proof-of-values, industrialised solutions; we work on small and very large engagements and we work across several different sectors, including public, CPG, retail, manufacturing and utilities. If you aren’t on a project, you could instead be involved in a bid, doing some training, working on a point-of-view, building a demo or contributing to our blog series (tips from recent new joiners, who we are happy for you to speak with, is just ‘get stuck in’). In recent months, we’ve done some pretty cool stuff, like used Tensor Flow in a model looking at acoustics of voice recordings, used ESA radar data to classify UK vegetation and massive scale Spark for image processing at an O&G client.
We are looking to bring in people at all levels from fledgling Engineers to seasoned Architects, so whilst the list of skills below is fairly heavy, please do get in touch even if you only have two or three.
- AWS (e.g Athena, Redshift, Glue, EMR)
- Google Cloud Platform
- IBM Cloud
- Python, Spark, SQL
- Experience of developing enterprise grade ETL/data pipelines with tools
- Software engineering practices (coding practices to DS, unit testing, version control, code review)
- Hadoop (especially the Cloudera and Hortonworks distributions), other NoSQL (especially Neo4j and Elastic), and streaming technologies (especially Spark Streaming)
- Deep understanding of data manipulation/wrangling techniques
- Experience using development and deployment technologies, for instance virtualisation and management (e.g. Vagrant, Virtualbox), continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Concourse, Drone, Bamboo), configuration management tooling (e.g. Ansible) and containerisation technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm)
- Experience building and deploying solutions to Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) including Cloud provisioning tools (e.g. Terraform)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients to establish requirements in non-technical language.
- Ability to translate business requirements into plausible technical solutions for articulation to other development staff.
- Experience designing analytics deliveries, planning projects and/or leading teams
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm