The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
- Cloud Infrastructure Services (CIS) has the largest Projects & Consulting (P&C) practice and we work on a range of exciting projects for many different clients across all sectors. The roles of the Cloud Architect is to operate with the Cloud & Edge function, focusing on consulting, architecting, designing, building, migrating and testing platforms and services in Public, Private & Hybrid Cloud
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
As part of the Engineering organization, the Enterprise Google Cloud Architects lead cross-functional teams of experts to help customers design, plan, implement, and govern enterprise cloud strategies.
Build a trusted advisory relationship and engage with Architects, CTO and CIO, and identify customer priorities, technical objections, and design strategies encompassing the entire Google ecosystem to deliver business value and resolve blockers.
Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution providing best practice advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud effectiveness.
Manage the holistic enterprise architecture relationship with customers by collaborating with specialists, product management, engineering, and more.
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
Google Infrastructure Architect specific Skills & Experience:
- Understand the requirement and Plan, Configure, Deploy and Operate a cloud solution on GCP
- Proficient with Google IaaS services – GCE, GKE, VPC, Persistent disk, GCS, Google LB, KMS, CloudSQL, Nearline, Cold line, Pub/Sub
- Automate Deployment of GCP resources based on the Architecture design and features aligned with business objectives.
- Experience with Cloud IaaS and DevOps Platforms like Terraform, Automation, or equivalent technology.
- Hands-on Experience with GCP Foundation, Storage bucket, Backup, Disaster Recovery, VPC networks, IAM, Stack driver, Troubleshooting, and Cloud Security.
- Experience with managed code or scripting competency (PowerShell, Python, JSON, and YML).
- Configure access and security on GCP
These are some of the standard skills that we would expect you to be able to demonstrate:
- Strong Communication skills (written and verbal) in Englis
- Team player but capable of working independently where required
- Proven track record working with clients
- Ability to converse with various stakeholders at different levels
- Have the mindset to challenge where appropriate and discuss decision points
- Demonstration of a wide Infrastructure & Industry knowledge on various technical products
- Capable of delivering presentations to internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of Project and Programme Governance
- Good working knowledge of processes and procedures (e.g. DELIVERY, ITIL)
- Ability to identify opportunities to expand Capgemini’s client footprint and/or project work
- Ability to manage and control technical risks and work with assumptions
- Ability to create Architectural documentation to suitable standards (HLD, DLD, Build & Standard Operating Procedures, etc.)
Azure Infrastructure Architect Certification
Certifications in any of the following: GCP Certified Associate Engineer, GCP Certified Solutions Architect.
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigeneous, Parents and Careers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.