You will be responsible to utilize product domain knowledge and sound engineering practices, to carry out embedded firmware test activities for automation products.
You are going to lead test strategy and test execution activities in various projects.
- Act as test lead and generate test documentation such as test strategy, test report, test planning. Working with team member or contractors whenever required.
- Understand and translate requirements, design/functional specifications to define test requirements, and design test cases
- Participate in reviews for feature requirements
- Perform analysis and improvement on the existing test cases
- Develop test ware, test script and execute firmware functional tests based on set guidelines
- Debug failures, report and track anomalies. Report progress to managers, and escalate issues on time to project or management.
- Perform regression testing whenever necessary
- Contribute to test KPI activities by leading the continuous improvement activities
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related fields
- Knowledge and expertise in Test Engineering processes (Agile, continuous integration, waterfall) and methods for test case design and test coverage optimization.
- Knowledge and expertise in test automation methodologies.
- Programming experience in scripting languages is required (preferably Python)
- Experience/knowledge of industrial automation and PLC application will be advantageous.
- Familiarity with Industrial Automation products, in particular with IO’s, controller’s families, and RSLogix5000/500 Application Software
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical teams.
- 5+ years experience in test engineering especially as a test lead
- Extensive experience with test lab development and support
- Extensive experience with bug/anomaly tracking and triage systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in teams or independently, action-oriented, and possesses strong drive for results
- Passionate with testing and curious to explore.