We are seeking an innovative, talented, and experienced applications engineer to join our team. You will collaborate with our business technology department to develop new applications and improve upon existing ones that will serve our clients and business well.
- Bachelor’s in computer engineering, computer science, or related field;
- Minimum 3 years experience in Java programming;
- Proven experience in Angular;
- Experience with Database usage (SQL, PL/SQL);
- Experience with XML/XSLT transformation;
- Familiar with creation and usage of Java API’s;
- Familiar with build tools such as Ant, Maven;
- Basic understanding of JVM;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Adept and effective communicator;
- Creative, analytical, and driven;
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment;
- Enjoys complex problem-solving and collaboration;
- Would be considered as a plus: Working / being knowledgeable with banking / finance system.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Improve Existing Software
Responsible for existing software in addition to new developments, perform debugging, testing, code improvement and re-designing tasks. Work with customer service and quality analysis teams to optimize products and ensure products stay up-to-date and continue to satisfy customer needs.
- Provide Technical Support
From application start-up through the warranty period, must provide customers with ongoing technical support. This support includes responding to customer issues, providing updated software that solves bug issues.
- Bulk data manipulation
Responsible to assist business team with massive data extractions or data update by developing and using external api’s or existing services.
- Integration with 3rd party data providers
- Responsible to integrate the systems that they manage with external data providers. The integration consist in developing new integration patterns that allow the good communication between the system and external data given by the specific provider.