An overview of the role
What you’ll do:
- Be a senior and active member of agile development teams as they deliver robust, engaging and usable solutions
- Take personal responsibility for components’ technical delivery – collaborating with other senior developers and architects to design robust, scalable technical solutions
- Continually improve our teams’ development processes, practices, tools and techniques
- Share your knowledge and experience with colleagues as you coach them and mentor them, helping the team to grow their skills, as well as developing your own skills by experimenting with and learning new technologies
- Encourage innovation, inclusion, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Work with clients and internal teams to develop new opportunities and open source projects and initiatives
What you’ll bring:
- Experience of cloud native development including serverless application development approaches using one or more of Serverless Framework, AWS Amplify, AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Functions, Firebase, Azure Functions
- Understanding of Progressive Web App (PWA) development approaches
- Continuous Integration/DevOps experience
- Demonstrable experience in Test Driven or Behaviour Driven Development
- Version control software (Git) expertise
- A deep understanding of web standards, accessibility and development best practice
- Experience of leading agile development teams, and delivering optimised integrated web solutions
We’re also using the following technologies and patterns, it would be great if you had experience in some of these, if not we can help develop them:
- Contentful, and other headless content management and e-commerce platforms
- Microservice, and API based, development experience, including designing and implementing REST and GraphQL APIs, and understanding API security patterns,
- Building native mobile apps using React Native, Hybrid apps, or natively on iOS or Android
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you’ll be working with:
All your close colleagues will be first and foremost engineers – technical experts who love using Open Source and Cloud solutions to create engaging customer experiences, content management, digital marketing, and commerce solutions. We have a world class software engineering community; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject. We’re active on social media and for those that want to find out more, take a look at our blogs – written by engineers, for engineers: http://capgemini.github.io/
What we’ll offer you:
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we develop a deep understanding of a business and get to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.