Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
This role is to work at one of our premier financial clients in their Global Banking Technology
GBT (Global Banking Technology) group. This is a dynamic and fast paced area within the Firm’s WM (Wealth Management) Technology Division.
The team is responsible for creating innovative technology solutions for the Private Banking Group (PBG). This is one of the strategic growth areas of the Firm providing cash management and lending products and services to our WM clients. This includes state of the art technology for a nationwide network of Private Bankers and product specialists who work with Financial Advisors to provide access to products and services such as online banking, cards, deposit, products, residential mortgages securities based loans and tailored lending.
If you are an exceptional individual who is interested in solving complex problems and building sophisticated solutions in a dynamic team environment, this is the place for you. As such, we are in search of a Java Full Stack Developer to join a technologically advanced team focusing on developing and enhancing the Margin Lending applications. The ideal candidate must have significant expertise in design and development of core Java applications as well as multi-tiered Java EE style applications. Additionally, one should be fluent in related technologies including Spring databases, interface layers, web protocols and standards including web browser display technologies such as Angular and associated Java development tools. To be successful in this role, it will require the individual to understand the banking technology landscape and to offer creative solutions that integrate current capabilities with proprietary system builds.
Job Functions Duties and Responsibilities:
• Hands on development using Java and related technologies
• Candidate must have good communication skills and have the ability to lead IT deliverables working in the Agile development methodologies collaborating with business and technology teams located globally
• Actively contribute and participate in sprint grooming and planning discussions
• Daily stand ups and Agile ceremonies
Skills Required :
• 7 to 10 years of hands on experience in Java and related technologies
• Good knowledge of Core Java v1 8 or higher
• Good knowledge of Java EE Web Services REST SOAP MQ Tomcat and Spring
• Experience in the Databases Design Development SQL PL SQL and Tuning preferably DB2
• Experience in understanding of requirements of large enterprise applications security entitlements etc
• Experience and very good understanding of design patterns
• Good communication skills should be able to work across both Business Users and IT teams across regions and have the ability to lead IT deliverables
• Experience in working with partners and stakeholders across different geographies
• Understanding of requirements of large enterprise applications security entitlement
• Working experience in agile development methodologies
• Experience in designing and developing user interfaces using Angular
• Working Knowledge of Unix Linux and or any scripting language
• Working knowledge of Financial market lending based products and Wealth Management Exposure
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.