Any UK Base
Who you’ll be working with
This Capgemini Front End Developer role puts software engineering and professionalism at the heart of delivery. As part of the Web Platforms Team in our Digital Customer Experience unit, you’ll help us produce web platforms for a range of enterprise clients. All your close colleagues will be first and foremost engineers – technical experts who love using Open Source to create complex content management, digital marketing, and e-commerce solutions.
The focus of your role
This is a challenge for a Front End Developer, capable of leading the development and delivery of engaging mobile, tablet and desktop web experiences for our ambitious clients.
What you’ll do
• Work as part of agile development teams to deliver robust, engaging and usable solutions
• Take personal responsibility for components’ technical delivery – collaborative with senior developers and architects to design robust, scalable technical solutions.
• Continually improve our front end development teams’ development processes, practices, tools and techniques.
• Share your knowledge and experience with colleagues, helping the team to grow their skills.
• Work with clients and internal teams to develop new opportunities and open source projects and initiatives.
What you’ll bring
• Experience of integrating with third-party APIs
• Experience using SASS or another CSS pre-processor.
• Practical knowledge of using Grunt, Gulp or similar tools to automate tasks.
• Version control software (Git) expertise, and a deep understanding of web standards, accessibility and best practice.
• A portfolio with examples of responsive design and multiple browsers
• Demonstrable experience in Test Driven or Behaviour Driven Development.
• Experience of working in agile teams, and delivering optimised integrated web solutions.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we develop a deep understanding of a business and get to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.