Why join frog?
frog partners with customer-centric enterprises to drive sustainable growth, by building and orchestrating experiences at scale, while harnessing the power of data and technology.
We’re inventing the future of customer experiences by delivering market-defining business models, products, services, brand engagements and communications.
Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience across our areas of expertise, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table.
We draw on our global reach and local knowledge to solve complex problems and create innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and move markets.
frogs prize humour, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at frog means being empowered to meet the moment, and Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
An overview of the role:
We are currently looking for a Lead Delivery Manager, to join our team in London. At frog we believe that companies need to simultaneously transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We combine design, technology and business smarts to help organisations do just this. We create products, services and businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up. We also believe this can be done whilst having a laugh together and going home on time.
We’re a team of 80+ hybrid product and service designers, developers and technologists, and strategists here in the UK, and part of a global network of frog
This is a unique opportunity to join a cohort of product managers, designers and technologists, helping to grow and shape our delivery practice as well as coaching our clients in their adoption of product-centric, Agile ways of working. This is effectively a “player-manager” role. While you’ll work on specific client projects, you’ll also be responsible for embedding good delivery practice into the studio and across other projects. You’ll have the ability to set new standards; formalising processes and models that others can adopt and learn from.
As a Delivery Manager you’ll work across all stages of the product lifecycle: from inception to proof of concept, to full build and then launch and grow in-market. You’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to our approach and define our delivery model for new opportunities, promoting proven practices and ways of working in a variety of client and multi-vendor programmes of work. Within client projects, you’ll work closely with our broader team of Strategists, Designers, and Developers, with some teams being a blend of onshore and offshore from the wider Capgemini group. You will be accountable for the effective delivery of complex, high-risk and highly technical products and services. A key aspect of the role will be how you communicate and influence both the frog team and our clients, as well as your confidence in frequently engaging with senior stakeholders.
• Work on some cutting-edge projects, making sure they run like clockwork
• Work very closely with a great mix of clients and some of the biggest players across the telecoms, banking and travel industries, amongst many other sectors
• Deliver value to our clients as quickly as possible. In tech terms, this means we get high-quality products built and shipped and into users hands as fast as we can.
• Lead multi-skilled teams consisting of Product Managers, Designers, Frontend and Backend Developers, Testers and strategic Technologists.
• Define, create and embed a culture of high quality delivery at frog through robust working practices and processes
• Be both an internal and external evangelist of Agile and quality practices at frog
• Assist with our hiring effort and mentor new team members as we continue to grow and mature
• Spend time reflecting on the work we’re doing and how we’re doing it. As a Delivery Manager you’ll be an integral part of the build and go-to-market team and will help define “what good looks like” for the work we do. We’re an agile organisation with a strong culture of feedback and self-improvement and we’ll expect you to embrace and further shape this.
• Excellent communication skills and want to work in a team. We’re a highly collaborative bunch and recognise that teams, not individuals, shape products and launch services. We’re all responsible for the success of the project
• Deep knowledge and experience of lean, agile and scrum practices, with the ability and desire to coach others in these good practices within our team and our extended client team
• Strong track record of successful product / project delivery in a consultancy, agency or multi-party environment. This includes the ability to estimate, develop and execute short term and longer term plans and roadmaps, working with teams in several locations.
• Experience in successfully leading cross-functional design and technology teams, proactively managing dependencies and overcoming obstacles, protecting the team and making sure they collaborate and focus on what is most important to deliver value
• Excellent client facing & stakeholder management skills, with experience of being the main point of responsibility and escalation on a high profile project.
• Commercial savviness and supreme organisation skills.
• Experience managing more than one project or team simultaneously
• Plenty of experience running meetings and Agile ceremonies (standups, retros and demos) and preferably the odd workshop
• Good technical competency with a solid grasp of modern software development processes and the ability to speak with technical members of the team and client in depth to identify and help unblock obstacles.
• Experience of working with teams to improve performance, including having the right tools deploy when things are going so good
• A passion for feedback, continuous improvement and developing good team habits and rituals.
• Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, and you think it could work, let’s chat.
• Some of our work involves travel. While we prefer to work out of our studio as much as possible (because it’s beautiful, have you seen it?), we sometimes co-locate, along with working with clients outside of London.
What makes us tick?
At heart we’re a strategy, design & innovation company and like to think we’ve played a big role in shaping the way brands connect with customers. From working with Steve Jobs on Apple’s design language, through to reinventing Disney’s Theme Parks, and even partnering with Porsche to turbocharge their products.
Three beliefs underpin our culture & frame the type of people who excel at frog:
• Being a challenger brand: a home for rebels and disruptors who want to do their best work
• Making our mark: fanatically improving our world and having real impact by crafting things people love
• A belief in the power of emotion and in not compromising on quality
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog and Capgemini Invent are Equal Opportunity Employers encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working from every corner of the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.
Since June 2021, frog is part of Capgemini Invent
As the digital innovation, design and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent enables CxOs to envision and shape the future of their businesses.
Located in more than 36 offices and 37 creative studios around the world, it comprises a 10,000+ strong team of strategists, data scientists, product and experience designers, brand experts and technologists who develop new digital services, products, experiences and business models for sustainable growth.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Make Your Mark