The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of EUR 17 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
- The role sits in Cloud Infrastructure Services (CIS) Global Business Line‘s Cloud & Edge Australia Organization, which is tasked with client advisory services, cloud project engagements and cloud service delivery.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
- Performs installation, monitoring, testing, configuration, migration, maintenance and troubleshooting of assigned technology
- Manages system/application environment and ongoing operations
- Ensures that the technologies are updated with current, stable, and compliant architecture and applications that meet enterprise standards
- Researches, designs, implements and tests technology solutions
- Proactively monitors and reports performance and utilization of assigned technologies
- Troubleshoots software and/or hardware issues/failures
- Resolves alerts and performs remediation activities
- Manages problem or escalated tickets and tasks and out of cycle requests from systems/software owners
- Collects and presents data for reporting and planning
- Assists with developing tactical strategies, processes and procedures related to systems/application administration
- Determines migration and upgrade impacts and diagnose/resolve complex technology/application errors
- Collaborates with IT and business area partners on work groups and initiatives
- Determines best course of action for meeting business needs
- May provide input into infrastructure architecture designs
- Writes programming/scripting
- May participate in Disaster Recovery planning and exercises
- Ensures execution and alignment to architectural standards and blueprints.
- May contribute input to infrastructure architecture
- Performs on-call activities as needed for the environment and technologies
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Strong knowledge of Forgerock Identity Suite (AM, IDM, IG, DS)
- Experience in installing and configuring of ForgeRock OpenAM, OpenIDM, OpenDJ
- Federation standards SAML, OpenID, Connect, OAuth, WS-Federation
- Experience with development practices on languages such as. Java, JS, Groovy, python etc.
- Experience in Single sign-on and MFA technologies using platforms such as ForgeRock, SymantecVIP
- Experience in OpenIDM with target systems such as – LDAP (OpenDJ, AD, etc) database, CSV, applications exposing REST APIs and cloud based applications
- Experience in custom node development in OpenAM
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini and OutFront support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. We are focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models and committing to reduce our own carbon emissions (GHG) by 20% per employee by 2020.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 8 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, click here to listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.