Financial Reporting Manager
Fixed-Term Contract (12-18 months)
Location: (Woking, Surrey)
Who you’ll be working with
Core Services is one of the major UK business communities within Capgemini. Core Services is home to business specialists who support the UK business and the global teams based in the UK. Its aim is to provide the processes and framework that underpin the business together with specialist expertise to drive and support initiatives.
The focus of your role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Financial Accounting and Compliance team of Capgemini UK plc. You will work as part of a highly performing team, which is responsible for the delivery of group and statutory financial information as well as forming the centre of excellence for technical accounting knowledge within the UK and Ireland region. Being part of a central function, you will have the opportunity to forge links with other disciplines, including the commercial business supporting with accounting knowledge on ad-hoc projects and queries providing a varied and challenging role.
What you’ll do
- Working as part of a team to lead the UK and Ireland region’s financial reporting responsibilities;
- Audit engagement management and liaison with external advisors;
- Engagement with the commercial business to provide technical accounting support and building commercial business knowledge, providing a direct link into central finance; and
- Working in multi-discipline teams on ad-hoc finance-related projects.
What you’ll bring
- Qualified ACA/ACCA accountant with reasonable post-qualification experience;
- Strong technical accounting skills, with a solid background in the preparation and review of statutory accounts; experience of complex revenue recognition accounting, business combinations and defined benefit pension schemes advantageous;
- An understanding of audit methodology, with experience of audit engagement management desirable;
- Proactive and enthusiastic, you will be comfortable working both independently on individual projects and as part of a team delivering collective objectives;
- You will have experience of working to challenging deadlines whilst maintaining a high attention to detail;
- A strong communicator, you will be able to build relationships both internally within Capgemini and with our external professional advisors;
- You will look to challenge the status quo in order to drive continuous improvement in processes;
- Experience of working in a global organisation and/or a matrix structure would be advantageous but not essential; and
- You will be proficient in Microsoft Excel; experience with Oracle, Hyperion and Business Objects would be advantageous but is not essential.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly.
Find out more and apply