Alongside Application Services, Infrastructure Services and Capgemini Consulting, Core Services is one of the major UK business communities. Core Services is home to business specialists who support the UK business and the global teams based in the UK. Its aim is to provide both the processes and framework that underpin the business and specialist expertise to support initiatives.
Main Purpose Of Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a first or second time move into an industry role joining the financial reporting team of Capgemini UK plc. You will work as part of a highly performing team, which is responsible for the delivery of group and statutory financial information as well as forming the centre of excellence for technical accounting knowledge within the UK and Ireland consolidated region. Being part of a central function, you will have the opportunity to forge links with other disciplines, including the commercial business supporting with accounting knowledge on ad-hoc projects and queries providing a varied and challenging role.
• Working as part of a team to deliver the UK and Ireland region’s group financial reporting responsibilities;
• Preparation of CG UK plc and other statutory accounts;
• Audit engagement management and liaison with external advisors;
• Engagement with the commercial business to provide technical accounting support and building commercial business knowledge, providing a direct link into central finance;
• Working in multi-discipline teams on ad-hoc financial accounting-related projects; and
• Delivery of new IFRS implementation and other technical accounting projects.
Skills and Experience
• Qualified ACA/ACCA accountant with two or more years post-qualification experience, ideally with experience of working in an industry setting;
• Strong technical accounting skills, with a solid background in the preparation and review of statutory accounts; experience of complex revenue recognition accounting, business combinations and defined benefit pension schemes advantageous;
• An understanding of audit methodology, with experience of audit engagement management desirable;
• Proactive and enthusiastic, you will be comfortable working both independently on individual projects and as part of a team delivering collective objectives;
• You will have experience of working to challenging deadlines whilst maintaining a high attention to detail;
• A strong communicator, you will be able to build relationships both internally within Capgemini and with our external professional advisors;
• You will look to challenge the status quo in order to drive continuous improvement in processes;
• Experience of working in a global organisation and/or a matrix structure would be advantageous but not essential.
• You will be proficient in Microsoft Excel; experience with Oracle, Hyperion and Business Objects would be advantageous but is not essential.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.