Telford or Aston
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
Within Capgemini, the Cloud Infrastructure Services business provides leading solutions to large global customers through an integrated global sales and delivery model. We are a global team of committed professionals who advise, transform and run client IT services. We help organizations meet their business goals by transforming and managing their IT infrastructure landscape – leveraging innovations notably in automation and the cloud.
We are looking for a part-qualified accountant to join us for a very exciting opportunity working on a major new account for a UK based client. The role is ideal for a candidate looking for an opportunity to gain a breadth of experience in a fast paced and complex environment.
You’ll be in a supportive environment, with flexibility such as study leave to help you on your way to achieving your qualified status and we will sponsor the costs of your professional accountancy qualification
Your primary responsibility will be managing the day to day finances for the Managed Services area of the account reporting into the Account Financial Controller. The role necessitates business partnering with key members of the delivery organisation to identify and understand the key revenue and cost drivers, risks and opportunities within the business.
- Preparation of accurate monthly management accounts, invoicing, forecasting, budgeting and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Production and interpretation of a detailed monthly reporting pack, presenting the financial position of the delivery unit at monthly reviews with the business unit leader.
- Understanding business risk factors with a view to identifying potential risks and issues which affect business performance.
- Production of ad-hoc reports and analysis to support and assist in decision making.
- Close liaison with the Customer, Operations, Project Managers and Project Analysts, displaying confidence to support and challenge.
- Understanding a complex client contract and its financial implications on the business.
- High analytical capability
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to different offices and client sites
- Ability and self-motivation to work remotely
- Passion for technology
- Good team working and communications skills
- Ethics and integrity
- Problem solving & decision making
- Agile challenge mindset
- Drive for continued personal development
This role requires prior experience of working in management accountant role and you should be progressing in your professional studies. Advanced Excel skills would be advantageous.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs