You will be a key partner on our flagship “IT Services” account, working as the lead cost controller for the Innovation & Transformation team, working closely with business partners across the organisation to identify opportunities to drive cost savings and track investment performance against objectives.
As a Finance Professional, you will need strong analytical skills together with the ability to communicate across business functions and at all levels. The role necessitates a good grounding in cost-based accounting principles as well as strong interpersonal skills to be able to influence key stakeholders and manage your deliverables.
• You will have ownership of monthly reporting cycles, including monthly actuals, rolling forecast and budget setting/performance, and balance sheet reconciliations.
• You will work closely will delivery partners, supporting and challenging them where necessary.
• You will present the financial position at monthly reviews to senior business leaders.
• Interpret financial variances, identifying key cost drivers and opportunities to drive out cost savings across the account to drive performance.
• Understand business risk factors and materiality to identify and address potential risks & issues affecting business performance.
• You will help to develop business cases for investment opportunities and track their benefits, ensuring that quantitative and qualitative benefits can be measured and are delivered upon.
• Design, implement and produce ad hoc reports and analysis to support the business to enable decision-making.
• Support the reporting requirements of the account to the UK and wider Group.
• You will be a fully qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent), or at an advanced stage in your professional studies.
• Strong balance sheet control.
• Ability to prioritise workloads in a pressured environment and manage multiple tasks to strict deadliness.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders and explain complex financial information.
• High attention to detail and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Advanced technical skills including Microsoft Excel are essential and knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management is desirable.
• Experience of working in a management accountant role; prior experience of cost management or managing investments would be advantageous.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Find out more and apply
With almost 190,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services, with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business and technology solutions that fit their needs and drive the results they want. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com. Rightshore® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini.