Fahrenheit 212 is a global innovation, strategy and design firm. We define innovation strategies and develop products, services, and experiences that create sustainable, profitable growth for our clients.
We are looking for an Engagement Manager to join the strategy team in our London office. You should have experience and a proven ability to think commercially, strategically and creatively, and you should have experience leading, defining and implementing innovation strategies for Fortune 500 companies across a range of industries. This experience may come through work in strategy consulting, private equity, venture capital, investment banking, or within a corporate innovation team.
As an Engagement Manager in our strategy team, you would be responsible for:
• Developing and articulating robust innovation strategies for a diverse range of clients
• Developing a rapid understanding of commercial and operational context for each project
• Understanding and developing business model propositions
• Running innovation consulting projects from initial brief through to final deliverable
• Managing and inspiring cross-functional teams – both internally and externally
• Helping shape the development of products and businesses
• Presenting key deliverables to senior executives in our client organizations
You would have daily contact with executives at Fortune 500 companies, and as a result be exceptionally capable at rapid problem solving, and nurturing relationships with client partners. You would be responsible for working with cross-functional project teams within Fahrenheit 212 and working closely with Innovation Consultants in the Idea Development team across all projects.
When we recruit Engagement Managers, we are looking not just for candidates who can fulfill the role outlined above, but as importantly candidates we believe have the potential to ultimately become Directors and play a leadership role in the firm. In addition to regular team training sessions, you would be assigned a mentor to work with you on building specific skills and capabilities aligned to pre-defined professional development goals.
You should have a graduate degree. You should have a minimum of five years experience working in the field of innovation or growth strategy – as a consultant or within private equity, venture capital, investment banking or a corporate innovation team. You should also have significant experience leading a cross-functional team and managing senior client relationships. You should be a lateral thinker adept at uncovering the themes and critical pieces of information that can spark game-changing innovations. You should be self-propelled by restless curiosity, resourceful in scouring the world for insight, comfortable in a highly charged idea-centric environment, fascinated with changing the world, able to move seamlessly from high altitude thinking to the tangible and practical. You should be the most creative and restless member of whatever company you’re currently working for. Experience working in sectors that operate in complex regulatory environments like Financial Services or healthcare would be a plus.
You should display, and be able to demonstrate the following characteristics:
• Creative Problem Solving. You should have an intuitive ability for identifying gaps in markets and developing new markets in those gaps.
• World-Class Presentation Skills. You would be interacting on a regular basis with senior executives, and should therefore demonstrate the ability to construct and deliver inspiring and convincing arguments verbally as well as on paper.
• Creative Sensibilities. You should have a well-honed aesthetic appreciation, and experience generating results with creative teams across a range of disciplines.
• Diverse Experience. Fahrenheit 212 does not specialize in any particular industry or category, and as such you should be able to demonstrate diverse category experience.
• Inspiring Leadership Style. You have proven the ability to inspire internal teams and clients to push the boundaries of what they thought was possible.
• Contagious Positive Passion. You should get excited by big transformational ideas and be able to infectiously stoke the fires of those around you.
• Strong Opinions. You should be prepared to defend your opinions and perspectives and be able to support them with lateral and insightful commercial and strategic rationale.
This is a full-time position in our London office. Fahrenheit 212 is an equal opportunity employer.
Fahrenheit 212 is a part of Capgemini Consulting, the global strategy and transforming consulting arm of the Capgemini Group, which specializes in advising and supporting enterprise & digital transformation from innovation strategy to execution with an unstinting focus on results.