External Communications and Content Manager: Sustainable and Responsible Business
Holborn, London, UK
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Who you’ll be working with
At Capgemini, we have a long-term commitment to responsible business, and communicating transparently on our actions and targets is core to our approach. Our ambition is to be a benchmark business for responsible and sustainable action in our sector.
Last year we announced a new commitment to be carbon neutral no later than 2025 and to be a net zero business by 2030 [see LINK] and announced our new corporate purpose: to unleash human energy through technology for a sustainable and inclusive future. Our new commitment and having sustainability and inclusion at the core of our business requires a strengthened approach to communications and engagement. [see our latest UK Corporate Responsibility Report and Global Sustainability Report]
We want to:
- Maximise the impact of external communications, presenting a clear, consistent and compelling message to our key stakeholders, as well as communicate effectively with our talent on this topic
- embed responsible business thinking into our everyday processes and actions in order to meet our aims
- empower our people to become our advocates of our corporate purpose
The successful candidate will be able to develop the UK communication and digital strategies and execute multiple and varied external communications activities in line with the UK sustainability and marketing programmes. The role will report to the UK External Communications Lead and will work closely with sustainability and digital inclusion teams on a daily basis.
What you’ll do
Ensure proactive communications on our sustainability and responsible business impacts and achievements through the creation of content to be amplified across Capgemini UK’s channels, including our website, blogs and social media, ensuring alignment with the wider external communications strategy. This will include:
- Working with our sustainability and digital inclusion experts in the business to develop a strategic content programme aligning to our key priorities with responsibility for the delivery and quality of content
- Ensuring consistency in sustainability and digital inclusion messaging across all content focused activity
- Creating and updating web content, ensuring a clear plan in place for regular updates
- Story-mining and liaising with key stakeholders to ensure a regular drumbeat of content (e.g. blogs and social content)
- Staying up to date with the external sustainability and digital inclusion horizon to ensure we are aware of and involved in relevant UK campaigns
- Identifying and managing relevant speaking opportunities, developing presentation messaging and slideware
- Developing content and our approach for award submissions
- Ensuring up to date presentation decks are available for our client teams to use
Oversee the annual production of our UK Corporate Responsibility Report working with our sustainability analyst. This will include:
- Developing relationships with our key internal stakeholders and potential content owners within the business to secure their buy-in
- Project planning of the submission of content, review, consolidation, approval and upload to any applicable websites
- Organising and driving the reviews required by the leadership team
- Writing content or where necessary co-ordinating of each section owner
- Managing relationships with designers or copywriters involved in the report creation
- Working with the sustainability analyst to ensure we are informed of reporting best practice from benchmarks, disclosure schemes and competitors
Work closely with the wider external comms community (talent branding and recruitment teams) to enable them to amplify messages through their marketing and client engagements. This will include:
- Liaising with the network of marketing managers to ensure our sustainability and digital inclusion activities are communicated in all we do, telling our story through a personal/human lens
- Seeking opportunities to help develop content to support our corporate purpose positioning
Produce content to support internal awareness and engagement of the programme. This will include:
- Focusing on a number of content-based project activities to help drive our sustainability and digital inclusion programme forward
What you’ll bring
- 3 – 5 years demonstrable experience in an issue-based communications role related to sustainability and responsible business with experience of creating and delivering communication programmes and campaigns across a variety of channels
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders of all levels
- Strong writing, proof reading and editing skills particularly for producing web content, blogs and reports, demonstrating a story-telling style
- Experience of managing short term projects teams (e.g. copywriters, researchers and designers) to help produce high quality content
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects to deadlines and budgets
- Team player but also able to work on own initiative
- Creative and innovative – always looking to improve and add value
- Knowledge and experience of digital marketing channels (e.g. SEO, website, and social media)
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini, and while collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.