An overview of the role
We are looking to hire a Senior Experience Designer to join the award-winning Digital Experience team within Capgemini. As an experienced member of the team, you will make a positive impact on the quality of our offer by leading the design and UX activity for critical projects. You will also mentor and support other members of the team and contribute to the development of our strategy.
This role is dynamic and hands-on. You will be expected to support our delivery through user-centred design methods: translate user needs, business objectives, and technology capabilities into world-class experiences for leading companies and government.
You will need to be comfortable facilitating workshops with senior stakeholders, managing and undertaking research with users and communicate using personas, interactive prototypes and user journeys etc.
- Research users and business needs, turning these into insights that will help define user journeys and inform the design
- Prepare, conduct, and analyse behavioural in-context user testing sessions and document the findings. Provide evidence-based recommendations to the client and internal team
- Lead the development of personas based on research findings
- Run workshops with stakeholders, users and technical team to align vision, drive consensus and insight discovery
- Identify opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience
- Design and present concepts and user interfaces for both mobile, tablet and desktop – including annotations for best practice in information architecture, navigation and user flows.
- Create prototypes using tools such as Axure, Sketch and InVision to create and iterate clickable prototypes for user testing and stakeholder validation.
- Prepare and conduct usability tests against clickable prototypes, take feedback and iterate the design
- Liaise with development teams and architects to ensure data and technical considerations are accommodated within the design
- Deliver great user experiences through relevant interfaces (doing the right thing), easy to use (doing it right), beautiful and on-brand (trustworthy).
- Conduct knowledge sharing sessions and support less senior members of the team
- Help drive the UX team’s vision and direction
- Experience with Government projects within the Government Digital Service (GDS) standard is desirable.
- Industry experience at a senior level. Preferably working for a consulting firm or agency
- Degree preferred within a design-related discipline: i.e.: Interaction, Information or Interface design; Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design etc.
- Candidates must be versed in user-centred design methods and techniques
- Proficient to expert in Adobe Creative Cloud applications, Sketch, InVision, Axure etc.
- Excellence in analytical thinking, process-oriented skills, verbal and written skills
- Experience in working within an Agile manner within a commercial environment
- Ability to work collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams
- Keen to learn, evolve, and continually challenge yourself and the way you do things
- Good portfolio (web-link or PDF) outlining your contribution towards each project (all submissions treated with the strictest confidence)
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.