We are growing our team in Göteborg and are looking for an Experience designer who gets energy from leading the design process and connecting user research with business opportunity and technical innovation to create tangible concepts that deliver real value to our clients and their users.
Idean is a global experience design agency with Scandinavian roots, operating in the realms of design, technology and business. We believe that companies need to transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We create products and services from scratch as well as elevating already existing experiences.
Our design team is an incredibly talented bunch of curious and caring thinkers, makers and doers. The team consists of people with a background in service design, UX, visual design, and frontend development as well as VR/AR. We know that unicorns don’t exist but we do like hybrid designers who can rock multiple design tasks, but have particular strengths in and passion for one or two areas.
Idean is part of Capgemini, and some of our projects are joint efforts with our extended family and some are Idean solo teams, delivered both from our studio and in project teams at our clients. Read more about us at Idean at www.idean.com
- Be involved in all stages of the initial product and service design process, from problem framing, workshops, ideas and concept creation through user research and prototyping to handing over design to agile development teams.
- Plan and conduct user research. Create product prototypes, customer journeys and service blueprints based on your findings and insights
- Work within (or lead) multi-disciplinary teams to design, prototype and build value propositions, services and products
- Gather customer and business requirements and create overall product concepts and strategies
- Mentor and elevate other people in design thinking, both junior colleagues and other creatives and client stakeholders who are new to design
- Build long lasting relationships with our clients and spot future opportunities
- Use creative tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and Figma and get to learn a whole range of other tools too!
To succeed and thrive in this role we believe you have these experiences, abilities and skills:
- At least 4+ years of relevant work experience (service design, UX or product design) and a portfolio of your recent work
- You excel at bringing people together, facilitating workshops and ideation sessions. You choose the tools and methods best suited for each specific situation.
- Experience in designing the interaction models, wireframes, and lo-fi visuals for mobile and web
- Strong ability to communicate ideas and recommendations in a structured, inspiring and convincing manner. You tailor your communication to different audiences (also non-designers) to ensure the right design direction
- You are genuinely curious. You fearlessly pursue problems and questions to see what you find and initiate new/challenging conversations with your team and client stakeholders, whilst maintaining a humble and empathic approach.
- You are fluent in English and Swedish (We have global clients where English is the norm and clients in the Public sector where Swedish is a must)
To stand out
- Design Sprints is a method used by many of our customers – experience in facilitating Design Sprints is a big plus
- Have experience in working with design strategy and/or leading product development and/or teams (e.g. PO, product management, design lead)
- You have experience from and enjoy crafting client pitches and scoping projects together with business developers and design leads
You may not have all the experience listed and you may also have other skills and qualifications. Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. We hope in listing what we’re looking for we give you a good understanding of what the role might be, rather than deterring you. We are very curious to meet you and open for you to prove us wrong!
How we work
- We work together with our clients. They bring a deep understanding of their brand, user, culture and ways of working. We bring the wider lens of the big perspective and the deep know-how established from working with other clients and on other problems in all industries both locally and globally. We rarely go away to work for ourselves without our client being heavily involved. We just don’t believe that way of working creates enough value for them, us or the users.
- We don’t separate between strategy and execution. We see that they are both essential in creating great experiences and value to customers, users, employees and the business. We work on everything from framing the strategic problems and vision to designing, building and shipping products. We deliver projects from our studios as well as from client locations and infuse established client product teams with small teams or individual design expertise.
- A creative environment with an awesome team of designers.
- Competitive salary and pension plan with a comprehensive health and wellness program and recreational benefits
- Exciting assignments in a large variety of industries, small and big organizations
- A totally awesome, multidisciplinary and talented team to grow with
- Regular team knowledge sharing sessions and social happenings –
- The comfort and safety of a big, established organization
- Inspiring international network of experts in design and a range of other fields within Idean and Capgemini as well as global experiences to build from (including Frog Design, Altran, Capgemini Invent, Fahrenheit 212, Purpose etc.)
- …and multiple other benefits
Send in your application as soon as possible. We will assess and interview candidates continuously and close the process as soon as we have found the right candidate