An overview of the role
Cloud Infrastructure Services (CIS) UK has the largest Projects & Consulting (P&C) practice in CIS – covering all the CIS portfolio. We work on a range of exciting projects for many different clients across all sectors. The roles of Windows 10 SME operate with the Cloud & Edge function, focusing on consulting, architecting, designing, building, migrating and testing Windows 10 services and solutions.
This job description covers the roles for Windows 10 SME. The SME role will focus more upon low-level design, build, configuration, engineering and testing. This job description covers all the requirements for the role, expanding on the experience and skillsets required for each.
Why this role?
The P&C practice in the UK works on a wide range of projects, across a wide range of clients in all sectors. Through the LEAD model we now work very closely across all the Market Units (MUs), fulfilling the Cloud and Infrastructure requirements as they arise.
As a SME you will get exposure to the following types of projects and roles:
• EUC projects contribution: Participate in design and supervise build and move to run activities
• Service Design: High-level architecture design for core EUC solutions including Windows 10, SCCM and Office 365 Pro Plus
• Plan and prepare design review presentation with Architects and Service Managers to validate or decide on major architecture evolutions
• Service Transition: Supervise strategic partners and subcontractors to produce design, build and deploy new IT services (or service changes)
• Service Catalogue: Maintain service catalogue up-to-date for EUC services
• Develop road map for the organization – Short term and long term Plan
• Design and plan roll out of Evergreen and major upgrades for core EUC solutions (target configuration, deployment method, change process, deployment tools, etc.) including Windows 10 and Office 365 Pro Plus.
• Manage hardware roadmap with vendors to ensure smooth transitions: continuous supply chain globally, support of new models by standard OS images and application support for major business applications.
• Maintain a catalogue (and EOL management) of Windows 10 applications in EUC portfolio: License count, usage count and budget forecast
• Application store: Define and maintain application management process within the store (entrance, suppression, change, approval path)
We are looking for EUC SME Architects who have demonstratable architecture and engineering experience in the the below capabilities:
- Windows 10 SME with a minimum experience level of 2 years, with evidence of exposure to Enterprise Windows desktop projects during this time.:
- In depth knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Endpoint management (System management, remote control, inventory, application publication, updates, through SCCM on-premise and cloud services)
- Manage and configure Office & other productivity software (Office 365 Pro Plus productivity suite,)
- Power apps (PowerBi)
- Windows Virtual Desktop
- Computer hardware & accessories (laptop, workstation, BYOD, peripheral support)
- Virtualization solutions (VDI, local hypervisor, IAAS, DAAS)
- OS & software lifecycle management (Evergreen upgrades of Windows/Office/browser, and other major changes)
- Endpoint security & compliance (Anti-Virus, firewall, disk and removable storage encryption, data protection, …)
- Endpoint connectivity (VPN, Wi-Fi, Cloud proxies, etc)
- Endpoint monitoring & diagnostic (i.e. using SysTrack, Nextthink or other real time analytics and monitoring of system resources and issues to enable proactive resolutions and automation)
- Design and build Standard Operating Environments (Windows 7, Windows 10, RHEL, …)
- Enable Device provisioning (Offline/online/mass imaging and in place)
- Printers & Printing services (Printer management, SMTP, consumables monitoring, follow-me printing, …)
- Optimisation of User Experience (Logon experience, look and feel, performance within SLA)
- Application delivery (Software packaging, Application Store, SCCM)
- Service catalogue management (user profiling, demands, …)
- Profile implementation and administration (with GPO, Ivanti, FSLogix, etc)
- Application remediation implementations (AppV, containerisation, GPO, etc)
- Development and execution of test plans
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So, if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm