Job Title: ETL Tester
Location: San Ramon, CA
Position Type: Fulltime/Permanent
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop test plans, test strategy and estimate QA effort for projects
• Develop test scripts, test conditions, input test data, and expected results for one or more test plans, including all types of tests – data validation testing, data transformation testing, data load process testing as appropriate
• Develop, update, and maintain testing standards and procedures
• Execute test scripts and validate defect fixes as part of the project
• Record defects and issues in accordance with the project’s defect and issue management plans
• Work with the application team to resolve any defects/issues that arise out of the testing process
• Participate in the release control process (when the application is transferred from the build team to the test team) to ensure that solutions meet business requirements
• Inform QA Manager and Project Manager of any issues that may affect the schedule, budget, or quality of the product or the testing process
• Be responsible for test activities including test planning, development of test artifacts, execution of tests, reporting issues/defects to the project team, and follow up on issues for the assigned projects
• Develop test summary report based on the defined template to close testing phase on the project
Skill, Experience & General information Required: Basic Technical Requirements
• At least 9 years of IT experience with a minimum of 4 years of Data warehouse testing experience
• Experience testing data warehouses systems and have defined test approaches for data warehouse projects.
• Good understanding of Data warehouse concepts and be able to define test strategies specific to the project needs.
• Experience writing complicated SQL statements and PL/SQL code to test data flow and to perform data analysis.
• Experience in creating testing strategies and engineering best practices related to software test engineering, both manual and automated testing
• Experience in root cause analysis and defect diagnosis techniques
• Experience working with Oracle database and BI tools like OBIEE, etc.
• Experience working with Informatica or related ETL tools and has experience working with UNIX/LINUX
• Experience coordinating testing activities and optimizing test cycles working with project team
• Experience with utilization of appropriate test methodologies and use of test management tool like HP ALM
• Experience with conducting and running defect triage meeting with project teams.
Should have hands on experience on ETL Informatica
Should have strong database knowledge (SQL)
Should be aware of SDLC
Capgemini Financial Services and its U.S. affiliates are EEO/AA employers. Capgemini conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era, special disabled and other covered veteran status.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-lawApply now