The ESB BR (Bridgehead) engineer performs both team management and development work. While S/he participates in software development activities on projects of high complexity working within our distribution systems delivery division, team management like task assignment, progress management and people management is under its responsibility. In this role you will be responsible for the successful completion of technical deliverables (including detailed technical design), software development, unit testing.
The Software Developer participates in the technical design, development and implementation of application systems, and may have customer interaction for requirement clarification or solution proposal.
- Assign tasks for each developer
- Monitor and report development status on each developer
- Provide SPOC for onsite bridgehead regarding BRD (Business Requirement Document) clarifications, issue reporting
- Manage people on daily on-off or vacations
- Ensure all tasks and milestones associated with technical design, development and unit testing are completed according to project management guidelines.
- Ensure development activities are aligned with scope, schedule, priority and business objectives.
- Develop code, create test transactions and run tests to find errors and revise programs.
- Perform defect analysis and debugging of service-oriented web application.
- Enhance system performance using best practices and consider the secure development in all the development phases.
- Use advanced ESB and/or Web Service design and development skills using IBM IIB/WMB or other ESB products
- Demonstrated experience with designing, implementing and deploying scalable and performant web applications at global large scale
- Experience in performance testing and tuning
Skill sets and technologies
- 1 year of experience with IT development Team management
- 3 years of experience with ESB services development (IBM WMB/IIB, or other ESB products)
- Design, develop, test, implement, and troubleshoot ESB services in a large Data Model environment
- Experience using JAVA to customize ESB standard function behavior.
- Web services: REST, SOAP, JSON, XML
- Unit testing: SOAPUI, Ready API
- Database (Oracle, MongoDB, etc.)
- JavaEE Application Servers: IBM WebSphere (WAS)
- Software Source code configuration management tool (Git, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (Bamboo, Jenkins, etc.)
- IIA data model
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering
- Native level in Japanese with superior written and oral communication skills and basic English;