The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
We invite expressions of interest for the role of Developer Prgrammer
Let’s talk about the team:
- Managed Services’ is one of the service lines of Capgemini AU/NZ. It provides Application Managed Services (AMS) and Digital Assurance & Quality Engineering (DAQE) services.
- The focus of AMS is Next Gen Application Development and Maintenance (ADM). ADM Service make up more than 65% of Capgemini total revenue. We have more than 100,000 ADM resources worldwide and 40 ADM service locations. Our clients count is ~ 500 clients globally. On an average for mid-size to large engagements, we support approx. 1,700 unique application instances. AMS Tickets resolved annually: more than 800,000. We deliver more than 500,000 hours of services automation across our top 30 accounts.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
- Writes and maintains programme code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards.
- Writes, updates and maintains technical programme, end user documentation and operational procedures.
- Design and code applications solving business issues.
- Develop, test and analyze programming applications.
- Determine, develop and document software specifications throughout production lifecycle.
- Analyze and rectify software errors and present precise status reports on time.
- Build and develop applications using computer languages such as JAVA.
- Upgrade and offer patches to existing computer systems.
- Support programmers and analysts to conceptualize and develop new software programs.
- Plan software development lifecycle phases.
- Prepare and document software specifications and requirements.
- Guide re-engineering of applications responding to customer requests.
- Offer input to SDLC documentation specialists and edit documentation.
- Resolve programming issues by applying problem solving skills.
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Extensive experience in Java Programming Language.
- Experience in Neo4j, a NoSQL graph database.
- Experience in Business Rules Management System (BRMS) using DROOLS.
- Exposure on Open Symphony Workflow.
- Working Knowledge on Oracle Database, SQL, PL/SQL.
- Experience in Spring Hibernate and Struts Frameworks.
- Good exposure of System Requirement gathering, analysis, creation & design using Use Case Modeling tool like StarUML, Enterprise Architect.
- Good exposure on Business domain encompasses Finance, Telecom, Security, and Master Data Management etc.
- Knowledge of cloud including AWS, Google Cloud Platform and Oracle Cloud
- Expert in Spring, Kubernetes, GCP, Hybrid etc. cloud technologies
- Team mentoring capabilities
- Understanding of web security principals (OWASP) and PCI requirements
- Experience working with distributed systems/microservice architecture
- Experience working in payments
- Polyglot application architectures experience
- Proficient working in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Understanding of data structures, design patterns and algorithms and applying them to design pragmatic solutions
- Experienced in API development using Restful webservices
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigeneous, Parents and Careers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.