The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
Managed Services’ is one of the service lines of Capgemini AU/NZ. It provides Application Managed Services (AMS) and Digital Assurance & Quality Engineering (DAQE) services. The focus of AMS is Next Gen Application Development and Maintenance. The AMS team provides a transformational application management service to our clients with the right people at the right place with the right skills strategy. There are 5 capabilities within AMS – Technical, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, Service Delivery and transition.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
- The Database Administrator is responsible for development and implementation of technology solutions, process change and associated administrative tasks required to support the Onsite and Offshore Operations team.
- The team is one region within a 24×7 operating in more than 6 countries; the solutions created by this individual will often benefit Engineers across the globe.
- As part of a rapidly expanding global organization, this individual will interact with Engineers, Regional Managers, Directors and other employees across the organization on a daily basis.
- The successful candidate will be a hands-on, roll-up your sleeves individual with a very strong work ethic, well organized, responsive, analytically skilled, a strategic thinker, detail oriented and quality minded.
- Responsible for the delivery of organizational change strategy and project plans, including business requirements and solution designs.
- Mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database.
- Commissioning and installing new applications and customizing existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Installing and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS) through Oracle Cloud and AWS Cloud managed systems.
- Analyzing and Recommending methods of Database Improvements
- Analyzing Impact of Database Changes to the Business.
- Refining the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model.
- Further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements.
- Carrying out capacity planning and advice management on Long-Term capacity growth.
- Performed upgrade for Third Party applications like Kronos, Pathway, ePathway, Infocouncil, Infomart and Trim.
- Performed cloning, patching on Oracle applications like R12, SOA, OBIEE and Hyperion applications and oracle database.
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act.
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security.
- Monitoring performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users.
- Create and managing users, Responsibilities, Menus and profile option on different application platforms.
- Managing the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database including backups and restorations of Databases.
- Debugging Database Issues on Live Data and Deploy System Updates.
- Developing and Testing Methods to Synchronize Data.
- Developing and Securing Network Structures.
- Ensuring Data is Secure and run Databases Efficiently.
- Auditing Database Access and Requests.
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Overall 12+ years of experience in the IT industry as an administrator of Oracle Databases, E-Business Suite, various Oracle Middleware products, Cloud systems and other third party applications.
- Deliver IT solution for complex business processes, involving tightly integrated multiple systems.
- Meeting the project objectives and to realize the benefits
- Embrace new technologies like Oracle and AWS Cloud, Automated scripting.
- Designing and maintaining database architecture, data structures, tables, dictionaries and naming conventions to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all data master files
- Performing the operational establishment and preventive maintenance of backups, recovery procedures, and enforcing security and integrity controls
- Implementing and administering database documentation, guidelines, policies and procedures
- Testing database systems and upgrades, such as debugging, tracking, reproduction, logging and resolving all identified problems, according to approved quality testing scripts, procedures and processes
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigeneous, Parents and Careers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.