Job Title: Enterprise Architect
Location: Newark, NJ
Employee Type: Full time with Benefits
Enterprise Architecture Services – SME ("EA-SME")
- Conduct standard EA activities based on the Horizon Solution Design Framework including but not limited to the following: Identify applicable EA deliverables and artifacts
- Serve in advisory capacity collaborating with the client to deliver on strategic business and IT objectives
- Excellent soft skills to effectively communicate with IT and Business stakeholders
- Define and document specific strategic recommendations and solution options aligned to Horizon's defined Business and IT Strategy.
- Provide specific platform or business capability expertise to assist client in realization of IT objectives
- Describe the structure, characteristics, behavior, and other aspects of software to project stakeholders.
- Define features, phases, and solution requirement
- Providing specifications according to which the solution is defined, managed, and delivered.
- Participate in project meetings representing Enterprise Architecture
- Serve as single point of contact on strategic initiatives and projects to define and drive completion of architecture deliverables across CTO organization (i.e., Data Architecture, Digital Integration, Solution Architecture, etc.)
- Provide continuous refinement and feedback on the EA methodology and the Solution Design Framework
- Refine and mature EA Best Practices through continuous feedback and participation in process improvement initiatives within the CTO organization
- EA Governance Services, working collaboratively with Horizon to mature the overall EA Governance
- Model. Refine and Manage overarching architecture governance model Define Decisions Rights Matrix
- Document Architecture touch-points with standard Horizon delivery processes (e.g., intake, SDLC, ops, etc.•)
- Identify architecture toolset to facilitate architecture model and practice within Horizon
- Participate in RFP/RFI activities and vendor selection activities representing Horizon's interests and architectural strategies/vision Refine and mature SA Best Practices
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.