The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of EUR 17 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
CIS provides client advisory services in Hybrid Cloud, Workplace Services, Security, Service Desk and Service Management. We partner with clients developing their cloud strategy, migrations to the cloud, implementing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), cloud-native applications (PaaS), Edge computing as well as realising the benefits of the vast amounts of data they have access to.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
We’re looking for an Enterprise Architect to join us at Director level to support the development and growth of the APAC Cloud Centre of Excellence (CoE), this could be based out of Sydney and Melbourne. As an Enterprise Architect you’ll combine your consulting skills and architectural experience to help our clients devise architecture and technology strategy from scratch, solving real world business problems
You’ll define, design and deliver strategic solutions that deliver industry leading cloud experiences. Have technical ownership of the COE for pre-sales and delivery of Infrastructure, Cloud and Applications solutions, working very closely with all Business Units across Capgemini and with clients in Financial Services, Energy and Utilities, Retail, Manufacturing and Public Sector.
Working at the leading edge of the industry acting as a trusted advisor, you will:
- Define the presales architecture for cloud solutions
- Provide technical leadership on large outsourced hosting deals
- Develop business use cases and define and implement a structured way of handling each services opportunity
- Partner with Account Executives to identify and develop opportunities for Cloud/Infra/Apps services
- Support the development of project and consultancy portfolio items and offers for the practice.
- Provide training and guidance on the cloud including public cloud as well as related platform engineering to sales and account teams.
- Be recognized as one of the go-to cloud and platform engineering experts in the Australian business.
- Lead complex project delivery, as required, to ensure service quality and successful completion of cloud transformations
- Manage stakeholder relationships at CxO level, acting as the SME for technical cloud architecture
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Detailed knowledge and experience of some of the following:
- Migrating to or operating in the cloud with certification in at least one major cloud service provider (AWS, Azure, or Google)
- Architecture Framework (TOGAF/IAF)
- Solutioning technologies like Paas, IaaS, DevOps, DevSecOps, CI-CD
- Kubernetes and Containers
- Automation and orchestration tooling such as Packer, Terraform, Cloud Formation
- Demonstrable experience of selling and/or delivering Cloud/Infra/Apps related transformations
- Experience working on and have delivered complex Cloud, EUC or Datacentre transformations for large clients
- Demonstrated performance in complex solutioning and innovative deal construct.
- Experience providing and managing an effective Architecture governance model
- Core consulting toolkit:
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Excellent presentation, proposal/RFP and customer presentations skills.
- Consultative, value-proposition/business case driven pre-sales methodology experience.
- Self-driven and motivated, comfortable with change/ambiguity
- Completely flexible and mobile to travel globally, as required.
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini and OutFront support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. We are focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models and committing to reduce our own carbon emissions (GHG) by 20% per employee by 2020.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 8 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, click here to listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.