The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of EUR 17 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
As a Global SAP partner, Capgemini is one of the world’s largest and most experienced SAP systems integrators, with 17,800 practitioners and over 40 years of experience. We support clients to implement highly scalable solutions in Digital Core Transformation, Commerce and LOB Transformation, Advanced Analytics, OnePath for SAP and SAP Innovation
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
As Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for in the successful delivery of multiple SAP projects across various Capgemini customers. You’ll help to drive business growth, ensuring deliverables are of the highest quality to promote internal stakeholder satisfaction. You will be responsible for the engagement across technical, functional and business teams, e.g. HR, Payrolling, Reporting and Finance, to ensure an integrated solution design and managing capability, and resource development both onshore & offshore by leading and mentoring multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Manage senior client stakeholder relationships
- Escalate any issues in a timely manner and propose mitigation/corrective action if service delivery is not meeting expectations
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Extensive experience in Consulting environments
- Program and Project delivery management experience
- Strong commercial, financial and contractual management experience
- Experience of leading a large, globally dispersed team, including on-shore and off-shore resources
- Involvement in the successful delivery & management of multiple SAP projects across various customers
- Managing a complex SAP landscape/environment that supports core business functions (e.g. finance, procurement, customer relationship management) in accordance with SAP and industry best practices
- Understanding of SAP’s product strategy and roadmap, including positioning of S/4 HANA and enabling tools and complementary technologies
- Producing key project management deliverables such as project charters, project plans, resource plans, risk mitigation plans, change management plans, amongst others
- Able to advise on downstream program activities such as training and testing
- SCRUM / agile experience is advantageous
- Business Development
- Exceptional stakeholder, relationship and client management skills
- Demonstrated experience of project management fundamentals such as managing scope, timelines, tracking of deliverables, identification and management of any risks or issues
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini and OutFront support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. We are focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models and committing to reduce our own carbon emissions (GHG) by 20% per employee by 2020.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 8 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, click here to listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.