At Capgemini Invent, we bring to life what’s next for our clients.
By combining strategy, technology, data science, and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we partner with our clients to innovate and transform their business, helping them navigate today, while plotting a course for the future.
About Capgemini Invent
As the digital innovation, design and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent enables CxOs to envision and shape the future of their businesses. Located in more than 36 offices and 37 creative studios around the world, it comprises a 10,000+ strong team of strategists, data scientists, product and experience designers, brand experts and technologists who develop new digital services, products, experiences and business models for sustainable growth.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get The Future You Want
An overview of the role:
Capgemini has recently been awarded a major piece of work to support the development of the Retail Energy Code (REC) in the UK. Whilst much of the team comes from the existing resources in Capgemini, we have identified the need to recruit people with deep industry codes expertise. We have made good progress with building this team and are now looking for someone with deeper industry systems expertise.
The successful candidate will be joining as a consultant and will be on a consulting career path. This brings expectations in terms of delivery both to clients and with supporting the Invent business through activities such as capability and business development. This role sits within the Energy and Utilities market team in Capgemini Invent.
Collaboration and Innovation:
We really believe in creating a partnership with our customers. Using our Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE), you’ll get to know the customer’s needs and challenges, demo innovative solutions and quickly solve problems. It’ll help you discover unexpected answers together.
Why this role?
In this role you will:
- Provide subject matter expertise in industry systems that operate in Energy Retail – including central market systems such as ECOES and GES, the systems operated by DCC, Xoserve, Elexon and Electralink, Energy Supplier systems for customer service and billing, and the role of smaller players in this market who provide solutions and services.
- Advise on technical aspects of industry systems.
- Respond to second and third level queries from Industry on the codes.
- Support impact assessments on code changes, supporting the change process and sandbox and derogation applications
- Support development of the Codes Roadmap – which is a 3-5-year view of the development of the codes
- Bring a deep understanding of industry systems
- Bring a good understanding of energy codes, ideally specific to the Energy Retail and associated codes such as balancing and settlements and smart energy.
- Technically literate with a solid understanding of data models, messaging catalogues, and message sequencing.
- Understand the key players in the UK Energy market, their positions, motivations and can navigate a complex stakeholder landscape
- Well-developed understanding and view on the future of energy in the UK.
- Understands current issues that need to be addressed.
- Understands how energy transition will evolve in the UK.
- Able to place work in wider societal and environmental context
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Invent. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
• Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
• Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
• Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
• Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
• Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
• Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/